1st Louis Vuitton visiting & purchase!

exelero

Dec 9, 2012
Hi everyone!

I've always kept myself from entering my hometown LV store "just for seeing", because I've always wanted the first time there to be with a real intent of purchasing! So I've finally made my mind about getting this lovely monogram briefcase! What do you think?
http://www.louisvuitton.eu/front/#/eng_E1/Collections/Men/Mens-Bags/products/Poche-Documents-MONOGRAM-M53456

Since I'm getting a little too old (made 22 last month!:wtf:) for my patterned Eastpak (that kept me in good company for the last few years) and as I'm a couple years from finally becoming an engineer, I decided this briefcase would be a more rational long-term investment than a messenger bag! Still practical for the everyday use, and not as "serious" (nor as expensive) as the Cupertino or the Robusto!
I also though about getting a nice wallet or an iPhone5 case instead, but I'll give it a few more months.

So this afternoon I'm heading to the LV store to see if they have it (this store is well known for not having almost any bags available... even the Speedys!), and I'll get back to you later, hoping with good news! :biggrin:

very nice choice..Also check out the Mick if you like messenger bags...I've seen this one modeled a few times and its a great crossbody messenger.....Good luck and hope you have a great time for your first LV purchase!

Well, sadly they didn't have it in stock, but I ordered and it's supposed to arrive in around 2 weeks!

When I walked in the store, a nice SA greeted me immediatly saying "welcome to LV, may I take your shopping bags so you'd be more comfortable? The mens section is upstairs and down here is the ladies". I handed her my shopping bags (busy shopping afternoon with bff) and went to the 1st floor.
I stood there just a few seconds until a very nice salesman came to greeting me, asking how he could help me, and so I explained him what I was looking for. He went to check it on the computer, but meanwhile he showed me other bags, cases and wallets. Then, while making the order receipt, he also created my costumer file immediatly, even though I hadn't bought anything yet!
He was so nice, I didn't think they were snobbish nor pretentious at all (afterall I was just a 22 years old boy, dressed nice but casually)! In Marc Jacobs, Prada or Carolina Herrera they only made my costumer file after several purchases!

I kept a very good impression from LV, they made me feel at home and wanting to come back to happily spend my money there! :smile:

Well, sadly they didn't have it in stock, but I ordered and it's supposed to arrive in around 2 weeks!

When I walked in the store, a nice SA greeted me immediatly saying "welcome to LV, may I take your shopping bags so you'd be more comfortable? The mens section is upstairs and down here is the ladies". I handed her my shopping bags (busy shopping afternoon with bff) and went to the 1st floor.
I stood there just a few seconds until a very nice salesman came to greeting me, asking how he could help me, and so I explained him what I was looking for. He went to check it on the computer, but meanwhile he showed me other bags, cases and wallets. Then, while making the order receipt, he also created my costumer file immediatly, even though I hadn't bought anything yet!
He was so nice, I didn't think they were snobbish nor pretentious at all (afterall I was just a 22 years old boy, dressed nice but casually)! In Marc Jacobs, Prada or Carolina Herrera they only made my costumer file after several purchases!

I kept a very good impression from LV, they made me feel at home and wanting to come back to happily spend my money there! :smile:

Great to hear! I have the same experience as you. Very good service and only positive experience.
-I tried to click on the link of your bag, but didn't come through. What's the name of your new mono bag?