1st Kelly!Any Advice?

My DH has given me a go ahead for my next H bag:yahoo:
My small collection consists of two 35B's, one 30B and a picotin in prune,orange and BdM colours.

I love colors way too much hence no black H bags for me. My black Chanel purses serves the purpose well.

Would greatly appreciate some recommendations from you wonderful TPFers.
TIA:biggrin:

Hi! Perhaps you can give us a better indication of your preferences so we can help with better suggestions?

1. What size kelly are you looking for? a 32, 35, 25?
2. Which style do you prefer, the slouchy look (ie retourne/inside stitching) or the more structured look (ie rigide/outside stitching)
3. What purpose do you want to use it for? Everyday bag, evening bag?
4. Any particular leathers you like/dislike?

There are many threads on kellys that may help you narrow down your choices, here's a link to one of them!

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-clubhouse/go-kelly-go-89631.html

That being said, I think a red kelly is a classic and timeless piece, one of the pieces that I'm hoping to get for myself! :graucho:

Hi Julide,appreciate your thoughts and blusilv you have pointed me to the right direction, thanks much.
To answer your question I'm leaning towards a 32 retourne and something that can easily transition from day to evening.No swift/Epsom for me and preferably in PHW.
Which red do you reckon fits the bill?

Hi Julide,appreciate your thoughts and blusilv you have pointed me to the right direction, thanks much.
To answer your question I'm leaning towards a 32 retourne and something that can easily transition from day to evening.No swift/Epsom for me and preferably in PHW.
Which red do you reckon fits the bill?

I like a bright red like rouge vif or rouge garrance, but not sure if those are still easily found. alternatively a rubis is q nice too!

I was offered a rubis 35cm togo Kelly in the summer but instead opted for the birkin.Somehow the rubis wasn't the right one for me IMHO. On the other hand a solid red shade is TDF but as you mentioned may not be as easily available>:confused1::confused1:

Iris!!!! Super stunner.
Is it difficult to get in and out of a 32cm Kelly?

Red in Garrance or VIF would be stellar choices but may require a large amount of patience. I'm not in love with Rouge H for some reason. I suspect it has to do with hues that look better with my skin tone. It's truly different strokes (or reds in this instance) for different folks. As for Rubis, I wasn't wowed nor was I turned off. The type of leather really makes a difference. I may not care for it in one leather because it looks less crisp (duller) than in another leather.

But back to your question, assess your wardrobe colors and choose what colors would go with the majority of your wardrobe. Then look through the leather swatch book and narrow down from there.

I have to say I have been wanting a green Kelly for months now and I saw a 32 sellier chevre vert anis that was perfect I never thought of the Kelly in vert anis and I loved it so vibrant but elegant if green is not for you then I have to say rubies it suits the bag very well!

I was offered a rubis 35cm togo Kelly in the summer but instead opted for the birkin.Somehow the rubis wasn't the right one for me IMHO. On the other hand a solid red shade is TDF but as you mentioned may not be as easily available>:confused1::confused1:

Iris!!!! Super stunner.
Is it difficult to get in and out of a 32cm Kelly?

Iris in any leather -- swift, togo, clemence with PHW! It's such a great color.

You'll find yourself fiddling and fussing a bit with the Kelly in the beginning but after the first wear or two, it's second nature to get in and out of. I have Kellys in SO black, raisin, orange and black vibrato -- love them all!!! You'll love the option of being hands-free.

Another vote for Iris :tup: I tried on a 35cm Iris Togo Kelly, and had a hard time walking away from it. Add a canvas strap if you can find one, and you're covered for casual and dressy use.