1st hurricane of the season

1. It really was just a rain storm.....we were blessed!!!! THANK GOD.:yahoo:

2. I just wanted to add...I know this is not about a handbag....but it is...as we always have the potential of loosing every handbag in the closet...and more.

3. I just heard it died down before hitting and wasnt more then a rain storm...
    Awesome news.

4. Gotta love a woman who worries about her handbag!

5. I'm soooooo happy for everyone out there! I hope Megs house survived the rain though!

6. Phew! Thank goodness it wasn't serious and everyone's OK! :yahoo:

I always wondered what I'd do in a disaster and worked out that, after my pets (and my BF, of course - if he needed saving!), I'd save my bags first; as my jewellery would hopefully be slightly more resilient!

Slightly OT, but when the fuel depot went up, a few miles away and we didn't know which way the wind was blowing (the other way, as it turned out, very luckily for us!), I mentioned to my BF that if we had to evacuate, I wanted to take my bags (to save them from smoke damage) and he seemed genuinely disgusted by me!!! :yucky: :lol:

What's wrong with that? :shrugs:

7. We love a good rain storm...and that it was. The tourists were evacuated and it was just locals. Friends got off work early and we had a great day. Like I said...we were blessed that it was nothing. BUT what a fun day. I just wish that would be our hurricane season...I know there is a few more to come. :crybaby:

8. I was so confused when I woke up this morning and it was SUNNY! :biggrin: It's still windy here, hopefully it will die down soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice