1st Gucci Bag?

Omar8989

Jun 8, 2014
Hey Everyone!

I am planning on getting a Gucci bag since I only have LV bags. The only thing that is holding me back is the gg logo but I love it so much!!! Where I am from some people associate the gg logo with being tacky and not special. What do you guys think? I need honest opinions. Also I love the fabric gg awesome prices to compared to LV do you recommend it???

Hi! I was in the same boat as you only owning LV and recently bought my first gucci. I'm not so sure why people would consider the gg logo tacky but not the LV logo? Anyway, what made me purchase my first gucci was 1, I have two bags in each LV print and I decided I needed to change it up. 2, being the INSANE price increases in the LV canvas lines. On my budget, I can't afford to even look at an LV leather bag. I also have a love/hate relationship with vachetta leather. I bought the gucci Emily tote and it's my favorite bag in my collection. It's the guccissima leather. I don't own any canvas bags so I'm no help there. Good luck with your decision. I think you should give gucci a chance.

I have a few Gucci bags and LV bags. LV I just recently started getting into a little over a year ago and have had Gucci bags for many years. I have both leather and canvas and they are all aging well with the exception of my guccissima leather tote showing wear on the corners. It really doesn't bother me but may bother others. I also just bought my mom the large Sukey tote in canvas with the white leather trim. She's absolutely in love with the bag and hasn't stopped using it. I actually like the gg logo and don't find it tacky at all. Good luck on whatever you decide!

I agree with the above members. I bought quite a few LV bags in the last year and a half. I have to admit I feel a little saturated with the line. Whether it's canvas or Empriente, it just looks and feels the same including the new pieces. That being said, the crazy price increases have left me rethinking my position with LV.

I have always liked Gucci and I've heard everything possible people say about Gucci. I think if you love it, go for it.

Hey Everyone!

I am planning on getting a Gucci bag since I only have LV bags. The only thing that is holding me back is the gg logo but I love it so much!!! Where I am from some people associate the gg logo with being tacky and not special. What do you guys think? I need honest opinions. Also I love the fabric gg awesome prices to compared to LV do you recommend it???
You probably already know my opinion regarding Gucci, but I can give you my reason. I can't see how the GG print should be more "tacky" than LV logo. In my eyes, the GG print looks more symmetric than the LV logo. The beige color is very versatile, and in combination with the beautiful brown leather/ fabric strap /trim + the light gold hardware, it just looks very classy. Just make sure you wear a "clean" attire with neutral colors, without too much pattern. In opposition to the yellow Gold hardware on LV, the light gold hardware on Gucci looks very classy, and its very easy to match both gold and silver hardware. The quality on the bags are good, and the material is more light than f.ex LV. I own several Coated canvas Gucci bags + a Diamante leather briefcase, and so far I've been very satisfied. I can't speak for the fabric (uncoated) canvas though, but I suppose it's more responsive to stains, water etc. If you like it, go for it!

I can only echo what others have said. The only LV I have is a large suitcase and some gorgeous RTW as I usually prefer Guccci (for many reasons)

I usually go for Gucci's plain leather or exotics but I do have plenty of GG print things including a couple of bags. I even have a large solid gold ring with 'GG' picked out in diamonds on onyx. It's so well made and precious, if that's tacky, shower me with tacky :P

It's all personal preference. I grew up with gucci and have always thought that their monogram is classier than monograms of any other brand. I prefer leather goods, because I find that leather is typically timeless regardless of brand. I have to say, I think gucci leather products are amazing and you can't go wrong if you purchase a gucci leather bag. Good luck with your purchase!

I probably silly but I ve never i interested in gucci. I have many Lv , channel, Bv, hermes, prada but For some reason i found the gucci logo looks old. Anyway despite that feeling, i m now amazed with new collection bright diamente which is very eye catching. Any thought on this beauty? Been dreaming about it haha

I probably silly but I ve never i interested in gucci. I have many Lv , channel, Bv, hermes, prada but For some reason i found the gucci logo looks old. Anyway despite that feeling, i m now amazed with new collection bright diamente which is very eye catching. Any thought on this beauty? Been dreaming about it haha

Diamante leather is in my opinion the most sophisticated Gucci style. But I don't like those "screaming" colors (red, blue, yellow etc) I like the classic black and dark brown.

I'm not a fan of monogram anything. But if I had to choose between LV and Gucci it would be Gucci. I prefer the Gucci monogram because the colours and texture of the GG logo on canvas is far more subtle on the eye than 'poo brown with yellow letters'. No offence to LV monogram lovers but seriously it looks dreadful.. Also, gucci canvas is soft and pliable where as (as you know) LV is not. I did have the diamante canvas which is less obvious than the gg. They are still doing quite a few bags (other than the bright diamante which is a little too bright) in this canvas. Have a look at the 'new Jackie' in diamante with black leather trim. Good luck