1st First...Black or Bold?

hauteocmom

Feb 2, 2008
I think I might take the leap and get my first First bag ;) It feels so comfy...on the wrist and also with the shoulder strap (the should strap on the City is a bit too long for me). It looks like a small bag but it fits everything I normally carry...a wallet, cell, lotion, receipts.

Sooooooooooo...do I get the '09 Black which everyone is raving about or a nice, bold pop of color (LOVE jewel tones)? If color, do you have any suggestions?

what do you have now? I love the First in Black but it's also a great time to get a bag you maybe wouldn't feel comfortable carrying in a larger size. Maybe a Mandarin or Amethyst if you can find one? Ruby or the new Raisin that's coming out would also be nice. If you choose an older color, maybe Coral or Bouton (yellow)?

If I got a black bag I would probably not get a First because black is a basic color so you could carry it everyday and stuff it. On the other hand, some people like bright bags to be small because color can sometimes be overwhelming. Plus, jewel tones look better on Firsts than do black. But it's just my opinion.

If you asked me yesterday, I would say color. But after I got my 2009 Black City today, I'd say go for Black. The color is jet black and the leather is amazing.

I would definitely say get a color. I JUST bought a ruby first and am so in love! I love the neutral colors for larger bags but a small pop of color with a pair of jeans and a tee or a little black dress looks so good!

If I got a black bag I would probably not get a First because black is a basic color so you could carry it everyday and stuff it. On the other hand, some people like bright bags to be small because color can sometimes be overwhelming. Plus, jewel tones look better on Firsts than do black. But it's just my opinion.

ITA!!:tup: I love colorful First!

For a First, I'd say get a colour - maybe 08 Sapphire/Amethyst, 05 Turq or 05 Magenta if you like rich jewel tones.

I'd get black though only if it were a Flat Brass!

I would say colour, but I would really lean towards a red, it's colour, but neutral at the same time. I also think Sapphire, Amethyst but something like Turquoise I would have a hard time wearing all the time.

I wish you well,

Bridget

It really depends on what else you have and what you will be using your First for. My first Bbag was a First in Anthracite and I bought that because I fell in love with the color. But also I thought it would be a practical bag for going out as it goes with everything I would wear. So if you're looking for a stable when going out I would say go for the black. And yes, the 09 black is delicious!

However, now that I have my stable, my next First will be something colorful. I think the First is gorgeous in color!

Colour, colour, colour!!! Ruby, amethyst and sapphire are extremely lovely or if you wanted something a little less bright then the offcier with GGH is beeeeyoooootiful! I saw it in bal london and fell in love :love: