1st designer handbag, please help me

Which of the bag would you recommend?

• Total voters

nocxt

May 27, 2020
This will be my first designer handbag and I don't want to regret choosing the wrong handbag. I was thinking of the Favorite MM, Alma BB, or Croisette.

Love the shape of Favorite and I love the look of the gold chain, but I prefer top handle bags. I saw an Instagram page posting this Croisette with the charms and I fell in love! But I've been reading this forum for a while and it seems that Croisette can be annoying to open and the hardware can get scratched a lot. And I don't want to use a bag for a little bit and then the bag would look used because of the scratches on the hardware.

And there's the Alma BB, everyone is raving about how good the Alma BB is, I love the top handle, really appreciate that it have foot on the bottom to keep the bag up, and they have zippers so extra security but I still prefer the other 2 for the look and shape. And since Alma BB is so popular there are a lot of people wearing the fakes especially in the country I live in, so I don't want to go around having people think that I'm wearing a fake.

Since the Favorite is hard to get a hold on, I already asked my SA to get me in the waiting list. But I haven't inquire her for the other 2 bags.

Please give me some help and insights, Thank you!

Attachments

• 84358886_957479964671583_5585263932837373831_n.jpg
    84358886_957479964671583_5585263932837373831_n.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 203
The Croisette does like uber cute but I too have seen video and online negative reviews on accessing the bag. I have an Alma BB in Epi and it’s undercover beautiful and practical. I bought it a year ago and it still has a leather smell. I use it more than the mono speedy 25b. The epi Alma can go from day to night easily. I don’t wonder if others think mine is a fake because I know it’s real.

Have you tried the Croisette in store? I think it's something you either don't mind or would really hate. I bought a Croisette for my mom and when I tried it out it didn't bother me but I can see how it can annoy others. The handle is stiff so when you open the flap you'll have to maneuver it unlike the favorite which is really easy to get in and out of. It comes with a protective sticker on the hardware which I would keep on. That way you won't get scratches on the hardware.

The favorite however has a weak magnet so you'll have to be a bit careful with that. If you haven't aligned the magnet correctly, the flap can sometimes just swing on its own. And unlike the other bags it's a non structured bag and I've seen quite a few favorites become sloppy and flat-looking and the flap sometimes gets a bad crease from opening and closing it alot.

And I find it cumbersome to zip the Alma when wearing it as a shoulder bag or crossbody bag because the straps are attachment on each handle so you have to kind of move your hands under the straps and such. If you plan to keep your Alma open most of the times then this won't be a problem, but personally I like my bags closed and my stuff protected. Also I find it looks strange crossbody because it sticks out too much.

That said all three bags has their perks. I'm stalking the favorite right now, that would be my next bag if I can ever get hold of it :girlsigh: And I wouldn't mind having an Alma BB as well.

I vote for an Alma BB in epi leather! Out of your 3 options, I think this one is a classic and will never go out of style. The epi leather is very well made. It would make a great first LV and will last a long time.

My grandma has an Alma PM in monogram and it is over 20 yrs old - still look well structure and in great condition. I think it depends on your lifestyle. Good luck deciding! :flowers:

This will be my first designer handbag and I don't want to regret choosing the wrong handbag. I was thinking of the Favorite MM, Alma BB, or Croisette.

Love the shape of Favorite and I love the look of the gold chain, but I prefer top handle bags. I saw an Instagram page posting this Croisette with the charms and I fell in love! But I've been reading this forum for a while and it seems that Croisette can be annoying to open and the hardware can get scratched a lot. And I don't want to use a bag for a little bit and then the bag would look used because of the scratches on the hardware.

And there's the Alma BB, everyone is raving about how good the Alma BB is, I love the top handle, really appreciate that it have foot on the bottom to keep the bag up, and they have zippers so extra security but I still prefer the other 2 for the look and shape. And since Alma BB is so popular there are a lot of people wearing the fakes especially in the country I live in, so I don't want to go around having people think that I'm wearing a fake.

Since the Favorite is hard to get a hold on, I already asked my SA to get me in the waiting list. But I haven't inquire her for the other 2 bags.

Please give me some help and insights, Thank you!

The Alma BB is my next purchase, can’t wait to get it in a couple of weeks! Alma got my vote as it’s a true classic of the LV fashion house (you should search up the history behind it if you haven’t already), and even though the look of it may seem underwhelming to you it will never go out of style, and it’s suitable for both casual everyday wear and more formal events which is a great advantage for a 1st ever designer bag :smile: The favorite is also versatile IMO, but I think it’s way more flimsy and laidback in it’s look. The croisette has never appealed to me, so that’s an easy pass on my behalf:P
I don’t think you should care about what other people may think, if they see you with an alma and think it’s fake, so what? You know it isn’t and that’s what truly matters as long as you love and enjoy it :biggrin:

I'm definitely in the minority here but despite its popularity, I never liked the look of the Alma - probably because I'm not a fan of the dome shape. The Croisette in damier ebene is my first LV bag so it does have sentimental value to me, but I think the aesthetic is much prettier and more versatile than the Alma.

However, you are right about the finicky closure and it does take those extra seconds to close if that's a concern of your's. I think the Favorite is discontinued (at least in the U.S) but if I had both purses to choose from as my first, I would probably pick the Favorite just because my style is more casual. I have also heard that the magnet is weak though and that the flap gets creased very easily, but no doubt it's a really cute bag in both monogram and DE.

In all, it seems like all three have their pros and cons but I think you should get the one that "makes your heart sing" the most :smile: good luck and hope you update us with what you decide to go for!

Are you close to a store? I suggest you try them all on. So many times I have wanted a bag then changed my mind after trying it in store. It’s fantastic that you’ve narrowed it down to 3! :heart:
I do work near a store but because of COVID-19 all the stores are currently closed. I do want to try them in the store first, but since the Favorite is not readily available (the SA said it’s a made by order now) I wanted to wait until I can try them at the same time so then I can choose which one I wanted more, and reading all the insights here are really helpful! Thankyou! :heart:

Reactions: WatermelonLove