which med Paraty?

• TAN

• DENIM

Results are only viewable after voting.

purse-nality

SemiKindCharmedLife
O.G.
Nov 7, 2007
so i was 100% locked on a tan med Paraty (had no luck finding Nutmeg), and then came Denim... i feel Chloe makes the best tan bags, but when i look at pics of Denim, :nuts:! such a refreshing gray w/ a hint of blue, would look lovely w/ whites! help plzzz!

also, would a Denim owner pls post a pic or 2 of Denim in natural light? i haven't seen it irl, only online so far... thanks in advance everyone!

TAN... http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/106125 (if you're on the u.s site, pls switch to 'international')

DENIM... http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/98722
http://hgbagsonline.com/cart/chloe-denim-medium-paraty-p-1452.html

I'd normally choose tan but denim is an unusual and pretty color. Are you looking for a warm or cool tone? How does your bag collection look and which will go better with your wardrobe? Sounds like your heart's with denim so I'd say go with your heart.

thanks kat & kdo!

kdo, actually, as pointed out by born, a tan bag at heart, but but... the denim is sooo distracting! its 50-50! :sweatdrop: basically, regardless of my collection, i would like the best paraty color -- also possible my only Chloe!

more pics (from pinktopaz, local reseller)...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• paraty.tan.jpg
    paraty.tan.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 2,411
  • paraty.denim.jpg
    paraty.denim.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,863
I think I'm in the minority here--- I vote for the tan.

Reason: I considered a bag of a similar blue colour last summer -- and it looked great with the summer sun & weather. I recently saw someone carrying that same bag (in this dreary, stormy, dark winter), and it looked rather dull and ugly.

If you're not in a wintry, dreary climate, Or, you're only going to use it in the spring/summer, than, of course, it won't be a concern.

The Denim is definitely a grey, muted blue - which makes it more neutral and perhaps more versatile than regular light blue. Personally, the Wood is not my favorite of the tans/browns for Chloe. When I saw it in person (at two different stores) I felt it had a bit of a 1970s, odd pleather look about it. It's a bit matte and somewhat drab for a tan - but that's just my take on it. Some of the Chloe Boutique still have the Paraty in the Chloe color called "Tan." Personally I prefer the this Tan better - it's a little brighter, the leather seems to have more of a sheen, and is more warm in color, less muted/drab. I would go with the true "Tan" over the "Wood" if I were looking for a neutral Tan color.

The Denim is a very pretty, soft neutral shade of blue if you are more interested in going the blue route. I like that it changes tones depending on whether you are indoors or outdoors, as rycool pointed out.

In case there is confusion, the official color for the new tan Paraty bag that is featured on NAP (this season) is called "Wood." The older Chloe tan color (Spring/Summer 2009?) is called "Tan."