1st Chanel Bag: HELP!

Virgo2

Mar 17, 2010
Hi,

I really want to get the Chanel Classic Flap bag in black, but unsure what size to get, is medium big enough? Also, I'm unsure which material (caviar or lambskin?????). Would be great if I can have some opinions please!!!!!!

I also heard that you can get different colours for the inner linings, I've seen a black bag with maroon inner leather lining. What other different ones are there? Can I get all the variety from any Chanel shop? (Currently I'm in the UK)

One last question (this might be very stupid but.) do they all have a double flap?

Any help is really appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you !!!!!! ^^

Caviar leather is more durable and scratch resistant than lambskin, so people tend to prefer it for everyday bags. It is also heavier than lambskin so it's kind of a trade off.

The inner linings of black lambskin flap bag are maroon leather. Caviar is black. You cannot choose the inner lining color. Some style of bags/colors/leathers/HW are harder to get than others, so everything is definitely NOT available at the boutique.

As far as size the m/l is small for everyday if you are a big bag type of girl. The jumbo or maxi sizes work better for those who need the roominess.

If you use the search function on tPF you will find all the answers you are looking for. Your questions are very common and have been asked a hundred times by many other people.

I agree with adeener. For everyday usage a Jumbo Classic Flap in caviar is the best option since it can hold up with a lot more wear and tear. The jumbo is the best size because it can fit all of your needs and won't overwhelm small to medium frame like a maxi can. M/L flaps have a double flap, jumbos don't.

Thank you so much for the replies! I understand many people have already asked these questions, it's just that I'm still really indecisive about which one to get.... sorry... thanks for your patience and still replying to my messages...

The only thing about the Jumbo/Maxi is that, I'm very petite, standing at 5ft 2", not sure if I would look stupid with a big one?

I don't think I would use it every day... but maybe once/twice a week.

Do the GHW chip at all? and is it easy to get in comparison to the SHW?

How does the prices compare across these bags? Would you say the lambskin is much nicer to feel and look at?

thank you very much!! :smile:

there are many petite tpf'ers that go for jumbo! IMO, its the perfect size for everyday! I am a petite 5'2 and I wear a Jumbo! M/L is wayy too small for daily needs...

As far as choosing between m/l and jumbo, I think it's all a matter of personal taste. Do you like big purses? Do you carry a lot of stuff?

I'm 5'2" and petite as well and I personally prefer the m/l simply because I don't care for big bags. On the other hand, my really good friend (who is the same height and approximately the same size) is a jumbo girl all the way.

I think it would be best if you could go to a store or boutique and try them both on IRL and see which one fits you best. You'll also get to see how you feel about the caviar versus the lambskin. You'll know as soon as you try it on whether or not it's the purse for you. Good luck!

This is for sure a personal choice. Although the jumbo is an awesome bag and looks great on many petite ladies, it can overwhelm some in my opinion (just being honest), and it doesn't look right.
You would really need to try them both on for yourself to decide. It's all personal.
You can fit a lot more in the jumbo as opposed to the medium, but then it's all about how much you like to carry with you in your purse and what looks best on your body type/size.
I like both, but prefer medium/large overall. I am 5'6"

Thanks for all the messages! :smile:

I like big bags usually, but I like to have a variety for different occasions, and I already have quite a few big bags for everyday use. So I was thinking maybe a M/L flap is quite a classy alternative, rather than an every day bag. That's why I'm tempted to get the lambskin too~~ but scared that I'd ruin it easily!

Storage is a slight concern though. Usually I carry around me my phone, lip balm & gloss, wallet & card holder. But sometimes I might also want to bring my sunnies, tissues, organiser & ipod around me during the day. (ok, and maybe sometimes hand cream too lol)

Maybe it will be ideal to have the M/L lambskin flap in ivory w/ SHW, and Jumbo caviar in back W/ GHW? what do you think? hehe..

Can only buy one first... how to choose... >o<

oh, one more thing... does the GHW chip?

cheers lovely girlies~~ :smile:

Thanks for all the messages! :smile:

I like big bags usually, but I like to have a variety for different occasions, and I already have quite a few big bags for everyday use. So I was thinking maybe a M/L flap is quite a classy alternative, rather than an every day bag. That's why I'm tempted to get the lambskin too~~ but scared that I'd ruin it easily!

Storage is a slight concern though. Usually I carry around me my phone, lip balm & gloss, wallet & card holder. But sometimes I might also want to bring my sunnies, tissues, organiser & ipod around me during the day. (ok, and maybe sometimes hand cream too lol)

Maybe it will be ideal to have the M/L lambskin flap in ivory w/ SHW, and Jumbo caviar in back W/ GHW? what do you think? hehe..

Can only buy one first... how to choose... >o<

oh, one more thing... does the GHW chip?

cheers lovely girlies~~ :smile:

My preference wld be M/L lambskin flap in ivory w GHW and Jumbo caviar in black w SHW. :smile:

OP, I am not so sure about your needs. You mentioned that you need a smaller bag since you already have a few big bags. At the same time, you stated that you usually carry your wallet, mobile phone, card holder, etc. Coz I am not sure they would fit on m/l size.

If you are looking for the most timeless classic flap, a black m/l lambskin with GHW is the one. Since you are at UK currently, I suggest you visit a Chanel boutique to check and to try out those bags. So you know what is the most suitable for you.

Regarding the price, you could check this thread. http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/current-worldwide-prices-no-chatting-428832-15.html