1st Balenciaga bag - Bleu Layette or Maldives

pixy28

O.G.
Apr 12, 2006
Hi,
I'm finally going to take the plunge in the worst economy ever and purchase a "First" style Balenciaga bag. I have always been drawn to the blues and am eyeing the Bleu Layette or Maldives. I wanted to hear anyone's thoughts who owns either color and also general thoughts from Blue Balenciaga bag owners or wannabe owners

Thanks!

PS: I've been reading about the light bags and fading. Do you think these would be prone to this issue?

I think they are both gorgeous colors, I had a Blue Layette first but I consigned it because it was way too small for me but it was a really nice blue. I have only seen pics of the Maldives but it look great.

I think either one would be a good choice.

I have seen both IRL and for me, the maldives is Perfection for spring/summer. it has such a beautiful blue/green color, it is just so light and feminine- it reminds me of a cool clear pool. Just delightful!

Thanks for the opinions gals:smile: I am actually also leaning towards the Maldives because it's a little bit more of a pop than the Bleu Layette.

I have a question on hardware. All of the pictures I've seen of Maldives have the brass hardware which I tend to like. However, I have seen some with the SGH. How do you go about finding this bag with the different hardware. I am sticking to the "First" style bag for this color because it is perfect for night or day.

Thanks!

My Maldives City with RHW is arriving today, so I can post pics if that helps.

Try contacting Barneys as they have the Maldives in stock and I believe they have different hardware. 212-826-8900

I do think that both of these colours will be prone to fading and yellowing and it's going to be obvious because neither has yellow undertones. The First style is not available with Giant Hardware at all. You may be able to find the covered regular hardware, or the brass hardware. They are both beautiful colours!

I wish you well,

Bridget

KittyKat65 - I would love to see your new Maldives City with RHW, please post modeling pics!

It looks like the first style only comes in brass hardware which I still really like.

Now I just have to decide WHERE to buy it. I know that Aloha Rag, Neiman Marcus and Balenciaga online all have it in stock but there are no deals to be had that I can find :sad:

The light color, it is easy to get dirty and I believe both will fade over time...
I love the color of maldives...

If bleu layette, ****** have first for 845... pretty good deal