Food 1st attempt @ being domestic. I bought a crock pot! help! recipes??

miamialli

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
I'm totally NOT the cookin' kinda girl, but in an attempt to at least try, I bought a crock pot. I've never used one, my mother never used one, I'm not even sure I've ever tried anything that anyone has ever cooked in one, but darn that food network!! They make it look so easy!
Can anyone help me?:confused1: Any fabulous, tasty (and easy) recipes to reccommend?? TIA!!

I like to throw in a pot roast, diced red potatoes, some cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup, and any cut veggies in. Then add some water so the soup isn't super thick and the put the top on and cook! It comes out delicious!

i like to throw in a some skirt steaks with one large chopped onion, some chopped garlic, paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper, jalapenos, cilantro green onion, water and lime juice into a crock pot and let it cook over night. then i take the steaks out and shred the meat, toss over tortilla chips with some melted cheese and a homemade salsa. its the best nachos ever.

really? I'm going to look for it right now on amazon. even though her show is a little over the top on the cheesy side, I like her show a lot. The whole concept of her show is totally aimed at non-kitchen folks like me :smile:

ITA, I'm not about to build a "table scape" but the food she prepares are actually realistic.

i like to throw in a some skirt steaks with one large chopped onion, some chopped garlic, paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper, jalapenos, cilantro green onion, water and lime juice into a crock pot and let it cook over night. then i take the steaks out and shred the meat, toss over tortilla chips with some melted cheese and a homemade salsa. its the best nachos ever.

:drool::drool: That sounds yummy!!! Great for a football night! How much water do you add??

jeh3v- thank you! what would you say is the common mistakes I could possibly make??

Most of the time slow cookers are pretty fail proof. I have tried to cook rice in there before and it burned though because there wasn't enough water. You might mess up a time or two but eventually you will get it right! :tup:

get a bunch of chicken legs, put those in the pot, fill with good quality chicken broth, oranges, onions and rosemary, and let it cook all day - it's an unreal recipe - tastes like something you'd get at a 5start restaurant!!

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 envelope Good Seasons dry Italian dressing mix
1/4 cup water
1 can Campbells cream of chicken soup
1 package Neaufchatel cheese
1 package egg noodles

Place chicken breasts, Good Seasons, & 1/4 cup water in crockpot. Cook on high 4 hours, or low 6 hours until done. Mix softened Neufchatel cheese & cream of chicken soup together until smooth, add to crockpot. While it is heating through, prepare egg noodles according to package. Serve chicken & sauce over egg noodles and enjoy.