1975 Signature Vanessa Vacchetta

Mar 22, 2014
Hi all,

While I would love to keep this as short as possible because it may have already been covered in another thread (although I have spent hours searching them), I don't think that's possible. Back in 2011 I purchased the 1975 Signature Tassel O-Ring Shopper. To say I love that bag would be an understatement, but I stopped taking it because the leather piping on the bottom of the bag became extremely dry and looked worn out (within six months or so).

Yesterday, I purchased the 1975 Signature Vanessa (a bag I have been wanting for over a year, but decided to build my Nylon collection up first) and my first concern was the Vacchetta corners on the bag and whether or not they would also become extremely worn / dull / dry.

I know the Vacchetta will naturally patina but it can't patina if I don't carry the bag anywhere. I used a leather conditioner on the O-Ring Shopper only because it is the kind we put on saddles (and as expensive as a saddle is, we don't condition it with anything that could ruin the leather).

If you have the Vanessa, have you experienced any issues with it (wearing, dull appearance, etc.) I have the Brown/T-Moro Vanessa and any help is appreciated.

I have the White with Light Brown letters and Vachetta trim. I've only carried her a few times because I'm not a huge fan of untreated Vachetta. I treated her before taking her out. I haven't had any issues yet but I am very careful with her. I don't sit her down. Only in my lap and car seat. It's a pain. She's a beautiful big bag. I know that not much help but I haven't carried her enough. I didn't think TMoro Biscuit version patinas.

I have the TMoro biscuit satchel and the Collins hobo. I have only had them for maybe over a month. I have carried the satchel for about a week and a half total time and the last time I had her out I noticed this on the corners. I conditioned the leather parts with Apple brand conditioner once. I don't know if I scuffed it on something or if it's drying out. It feels dry. I plan to just use more conditioner on it now. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411333259.798986.jpg

I have the TMoro biscuit satchel and the Collins hobo. I have only had them for maybe over a month. I have carried the satchel for about a week and a half total time and the last time I had her out I noticed this on the corners. I conditioned the leather parts with Apple brand conditioner once. I don't know if I scuffed it on something or if it's drying out. It feels dry. I plan to just use more conditioner on it now. View attachment 2757695

That's a little disheartening :sad:

Yeah, it kind of freaked me out when I saw it, but I guess it's to be expected. This vachetta is not coated and the corners stick out so they are bound to hit things. I still love this bag so much so it wouldn't deter me from having it.

You're so much more easy going than I am lol

At least it's not really noticeable

It really isn't that noticeable. I have to tell myself to relax a little bit or I'll never carry these bags.

Lol that's true... I only baby my pink stanwich, she's my "special girl". I don't abuse them but I've had to learn to remind myself "it's a bag" and when all else fails...if something bad happens I get a new one lol

I have the TMoro biscuit satchel and the Collins hobo. I have only had them for maybe over a month. I have carried the satchel for about a week and a half total time and the last time I had her out I noticed this on the corners. I conditioned the leather parts with Apple brand conditioner once. I don't know if I scuffed it on something or if it's drying out. It feels dry. I plan to just use more conditioner on it now. View attachment 2757695

Humm... It looks like scuffing. 😕 I still think the conditioner will blend it in. Does the "biscuit" color patina?

Humm... It looks like scuffing. 😕 I still think the conditioner will blend it in. Does the "biscuit" color patina?

I think it might patina more over time. It came as a darker tanned color, but it's not coated so I think it will easily develop a patina. It might have hit my car or something. I'm always trying to squeeze between the two cars carrying two bags, a lunch bag, my keys, and a drink. Lol!

I think it might patina more over time. It came as a darker tanned color, but it's not coated so I think it will easily develop a patina. It might have hit my car or something. I'm always trying to squeeze between the two cars carrying two bags, a lunch bag, my keys, and a drink. Lol!

Lol... I feel ya, too funny!!

Twoboyz, that is exactly what I am talking about. My O-Ring Shopper started out looking like that, so I conditioned it but it never looked "conditioned" no matter how many applications. Then yesterday, once I get home and unwrap my Vanessa, it hits me -- the same thing may happen, only worse.