193 Countries...How Many Have You Been To

1. Nordstrom Winter Sale Now Until February 24, Save Up To 40% With Free Shipping and Free Returns. SHOP NOW
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. According to the UN, there are 193 countries (with some debate). How many have you been to and which ones (please don't include holdings of other countries...for example, the Cayman Islands are not a country)? For a good reference see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states:

I have a pathetic number (7):

Canada
    USA
    Honduras
    Belize
    Mexico
    Sweden
    United Kingdom

Later this year I will be adding:
    Jamaica
    Haiti
    Bahamas
    Brazil
    Argentina
    Uruguay
    and possibly Paraguay...maybe a couple more Caribbean nations if I can toss in another cruise.

2. So the Cayman Islands aren't a country? What would you count it as, England? The Bahamas are a commonwealth btw...

3. I've been to..
    United States
    Canada
    India
    France
    Switzerland
    Italy

I hope to visit:
    United Kingdom
    The Netherlands
    Ireland
    And many many more...

4. I have been to:
    United Kingdom
    United States
    France
    Switzerland
    Greece
    Turkey
    Indonesia
    Saudi Arabia
    United Arab emirates
    Egypt
    Jordan
    Monaco

I think thats it, I have a feeling I might be missing one that ive forgotten.

5. I wouldn't considered Cayman Islands as anything....just an island...but English holding.
    The Bahamas is/are recognized as a country (as are places like Canada, Australia, etc.) Technically called a commonwealth realm, but still recognized by the UN as a country:

A Commonwealth realm is a sovereign state within the Commonwealth of Nations that has Elizabeth II as its monarch.[1] The sixteen current realms have a combined land area of 18.8 million km² (7.3 million mi², excluding Antarctic claims), and a population of 132 million;[2] all but about two million live in the six most populous states, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, and Jamaica.

6. I've been to

United Kingdom
    United States
    Canada
    Mexiko
    Switzerland
    Germany
    France
    Italy
    Spain
    Monaco
    Greece
    Austria
    Czech Republic
    Hungary
    Netherlands
    Sweden
    Russia
    Morroco
    Tunisia
    United Arab Emirates
    Maldives
    Sri Lanka
    India
    Thailand
    Singapore
    Australia

That's it!

BonVoyageBaby likes this.
  7. United States
    Canada
    Mexico
    Cuba
    Japan

This is not counting countries I've been at an airport in, since the flight to Japan included two layovers in other countries.

8. WOW....born to shop....that is a lot of countries!!!!

9. US
    Mexico
    Canada
    Costa Rica
    Anguilla
    St Martin
    Spain
    France
    Italy
    Greece
    Turkey
    Morocco
    Cambodia
    Thailand
    Indonesia

10. I know... :blush:
    I have been very lucky to be able to travel so much. Actually I travelled a lot with my mother when I was younger (am 25 now).
    But you know, when you think that there are 193 countries in the world, I haven't been to that many... There are actually so many places I would love to go! Never been to South America or Africa (besides Northern Africa but I think that's very different from the rest of the continent).
    I may add Iceland to my list of countries later this year, however, we're still deciding between that and Greece!

11. finland
    sweden
    norway
    denmark
    uk
    france
    germany
    spain
    greece
    cyprus
    italy
    monaco
    switzerland
    austria
    hungary
    belgium
    netherlands
    ireland
    US
    canada
    morocco
    india
    australia
    maldives
    thailand
    singapore
    hong kong
    japan
    UAE (abu dhabi +dubai)

and a bunch of overseas territories of the UK/US/france.

still trying to make it to south america!

12. USA (of course lol)
    Canada
    Different cities in Central America, although I don't think they're considered their own countries
    UK
    Portugal
    Spain
    France
    Italy

Trying to figure out a way to go to China & Japan or to Morocco, Egypt and Algeria in 2011!

13. I love travel and still would like to visit more countries. DH has been to many more than I.

USA
    Canada
    Mexico
    United Kingdom
    Denmark
    France
    Germany
    Switzerland
    Austria
    Italy
    Spain
    China
    Bahamas

14. digby: You might be surprised! Most of C. America are independent countries. It's the Caribbean islands that are often not.

annanas: That is an impressive list!!!

born to shop: I know what you mean! I have this app on facebook and it says that I have visited 2% of the world :sad:

I"m so envious of those of you who have extensively travelled Europe or Asia!

15. #15 Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
    Oooh ... here's wishing all of us lots of travelling around the world.