19 or Trendy CC

Which bag!

• Total voters

rlzx

O.G.
Feb 11, 2010
Hello, I would like to purchase a new chanel bag as a reward for my change in job.

I am struggling between small Chanel 19 or the small trendy CC. Would like to get either 1 in black. Some pros and cons I have checked out between both bags are:

Chanel 19:
- beautiful bag but not sure if the look would be classic after a few years
- worried about structural loss due to the shape of the bag
- lambskin is treated so it's not as worrying for scratches

Trendy CC
- beautiful bag and classic in look
- no structural loss
- scratch prone because of lambskin

These are the information that I have gathered so far. Any thoughts would be appreciated :smile:

Reactions: Namwan-
I have a Trendy CC and I love it so much but haven’t used it much yet. I was torn between this and the classic flap in caviar and I ended up with both. I’m so glad I got both as I get more use out of my caviar flap because it’s more durable. I feel like my Trendy is a special bag and I take it out when I want to be a bit more dressy and I know it’s not going to get knocked about. What I’m trying to say is, the Trendy is lambskin so it’s not going to be worry-free. It also has a lot of metal on it that could potentially get scratched, again making it more delicate. Therefore, it depends how much you baby your bags and what occasions you want to use your bag for. However, I have seen plenty of people on Instagram who use their Trendy as an every day bag.

I don’t own a 19, but it’s on my wishlist. I have the same concerns as you. It’s a hot “it” bag right now but in a few years I’m not sure if it will be a classic.

Have the 19 but not the Trendy. I feel like they are VERY different bags. Do you want something more structured and classic, or something more casual? For the small 19, I don't think you have to worry about sagging as much as you do with the larger sizes. For the Trendy, I wouldn't obsess over the lambskin or you won't enjoy the bag. Interested to hear what you decide! Both are beautiful, and I would love to have the Trendy some day....but still undecided about the noisy chains that come in and out of the bag. Also feel like I wouldn't want to take the protective sticker off of the big plate one top. Scratches would be super visible. But that's just me.

Last edited:
These are 2 completely different bags. Do you prefer structure or slouch? Although the 19 is slouchy, I saw a girl wearing one at a formal event the other evening and it still looked perfectly appropriate with her formal attire, perhaps because it was black. I think both bags are beautiful. Have you tried out both at the boutique? Place your belongings in each bag, stand in front of the mirror, take photos, and your decision may come more easily. If you don’t have access to a boutique, study photos on Pinterest.

can I bump this thread again!!

Am wondering which ...
I personally hv a soft spot for the Trendy.
I know it's dressy. And I'm not a dressy AT ALL!!
I wear my LV sneakers on most days!
But can't they be paired together ?? No??

My SA intro me to 19. She feels that the 19 suits my lifestyle more.
True. Coz I don't wanna baby any bags. I'll be tired being too weary.
BUT... it might look dated. Smthg about the chain n the big quilts which I'm so not convinced.
If it is priced as a Seasonal piece.. i might give it a go. But no... its same price point as the Trendy.

So if .. I hv a choice .
Which wud you guys go for...
1. TRENDY black or pink???
2. 19 Beige
3. CCH mini in pink / white

I don't want a dressy bag.
Even IF it was meant to be... I wud still wanna hv the option to Dress It Down to pair with sneakers or my Oran .

Thanks for helping out°° xoxo

Reactions: Mikan_22
BTW.. i managed to try all 3 styles personally.
Of the 3 ... I'm most not worn over by 19.
I simply can't associate the price on its style.
Though it's the most user friendly of the 3 !!

BTW.. i managed to try all 3 styles personally.
Of the 3 ... I'm most not worn over by 19.
I simply can't associate the price on its style.
Though it's the most user friendly of the 3 !!
If you don't love the 19, don't go with it! Especially at these prices, you should be 100% in love. As for a bag being dressy, if you want to rock your bag with sneakers, do it! It's YOUR bag, you know? Wear it how you want to :smile: