19 Flap Bag Club!

I'm 5'5". Did you find the medium chain length much longer than the small? THX!

Honestly I didn’t pay as much attention to the drop length difference. Even the small is a little to long for me (shoulder carry). I felt the bag itself was too big for me. The small fit all my stuff with extra room to spare so I went with that. I don’t even see the small listed anymore on the CHANEL site.

I have the black Trendy CC and the small black 19 flap. They are quite different in their styles and function. The Trendy is more formal and seems to be more delicate (the leather, that is). It's very structured and the interior has all the organized compartments. It does have some edgy-ness with the metal plate along the top.

The 19, by contrast, has much more durable (yet unbelievably soft) leather and feels more casual and edgy. The interior of the 19 is one big space (no double flaps or sections - other than the zipper compartment, which I don't count). When I hold it I honestly just want to squish it like a big pillow!

Both have the top handle, but the Trendy allows you to remove the strap (not an option with the 19). The strap drop length is much shorter on the Trendy, which looks better when worn on the shoulder but doesn't allow you to crossbody (which you can with the 19).

So...they are very different but both are FAB. Good luck on your decision!

Thank you so much for the comparison. I did try the 19 on in the boutique but I didn’t take much notice of it because I was so focused on the Trendy or classic flap. I’m thin and fairly short so I can wear the Trendy crossbody and I like that it’s not too low down. Can I ask how you are finding the Trendy? Has it got much signs of wear? I’m so scared to use it because it seems so delicate even though I’ve had lamb bags before and have a lamb wallet. I swore I’d never get a lamb bag again! Lol! I’m a mother to a 3 year old and I’m starting to think it’s not the most practical choice for me!

Honestly I didn’t pay as much attention to the drop length difference. Even the small is a little to long for me (shoulder carry). I felt the bag itself was too big for me. The small fit all my stuff with extra room to spare so I went with that. I don’t even see the small listed anymore on the CHANEL site.
Makes sense - thanks!

Thank you so much for the comparison. I did try the 19 on in the boutique but I didn’t take much notice of it because I was so focused on the Trendy or classic flap. I’m thin and fairly short so I can wear the Trendy crossbody and I like that it’s not too low down. Can I ask how you are finding the Trendy? Has it got much signs of wear? I’m so scared to use it because it seems so delicate even though I’ve had lamb bags before and have a lamb wallet. I swore I’d never get a lamb bag again! Lol! I’m a mother to a 3 year old and I’m starting to think it’s not the most practical choice for me!
Hi!

The Trendy is gorgeous and a really classy and unique piece. I have babied mine quite a bit and I only have scratches on the inside of the flap (nail marks). I am also afraid of damaging the leather! It is so soft. But, I will say I have had a scratch on the exterior and was able to use the buffing cloth to get rid of it! That said, if this will be the bag you wear daily (as a mother of a 3 yr old) then you will have to accept some marks. (The gold plate can also get some hairline marks.) It is such a gorgeous bag that it should be used, not babied like I do mine! lol But that means accepting flaws. If you have had your eye on the Trendy for a while, and can use her without worrying too much (while still being careful-ish), then I say stick with her. But, if your gut is telling you you won't enjoy her and will worry all the time, then try the 19.

Hi!

The Trendy is gorgeous and a really classy and unique piece. I have babied mine quite a bit and I only have scratches on the inside of the flap (nail marks). I am also afraid of damaging the leather! It is so soft. But, I will say I have had a scratch on the exterior and was able to use the buffing cloth to get rid of it! That said, if this will be the bag you wear daily (as a mother of a 3 yr old) then you will have to accept some marks. (The gold plate can also get some hairline marks.) It is such a gorgeous bag that it should be used, not babied like I do mine! lol But that means accepting flaws. If you have had your eye on the Trendy for a while, and can use her without worrying too much (while still being careful-ish), then I say stick with her. But, if your gut is telling you you won't enjoy her and will worry all the time, then try the 19.

Thank you. I think I will go and have another look at the 19 - if they still have it in stock, that is! I wish I’d paid more attention to it when I was there last week.

What other bags do you have in your collection? Also, have you had any wear to the corners, sides and bottom of the Trendy? These are the places that look most prone to scuffing.

I use a Gucci Marmont camera bag as my run around/going to the park bag, but it doesn’t hold much. I also use my caviar Boy and that’s in almost perfect condition. It’s a bit boxy though and not as easy to carry as my Gucci. I love the 19 but it could look a bit too blingy and in-your-face for my needs as I’ve been dressing more casually due to running around with a 3 year old. It’s a really tough decision. I think I need both bags but then I’m also missing a medium/large classic flap!

Reactions: swally
Thank you. I think I will go and have another look at the 19 - if they still have it in stock, that is! I wish I’d paid more attention to it when I was there last week.

What other bags do you have in your collection? Also, have you had any wear to the corners, sides and bottom of the Trendy? These are the places that look most prone to scuffing.

I use a Gucci Marmont camera bag as my run around/going to the park bag, but it doesn’t hold much. I also use my caviar Boy and that’s in almost perfect condition. It’s a bit boxy though and not as easy to carry as my Gucci. I love the 19 but it could look a bit too blingy and in-your-face for my needs as I’ve been dressing more casually due to running around with a 3 year old. It’s a really tough decision. I think I need both bags but then I’m also missing a medium/large classic flap!
I haven't used the Trendy enough, to be honest, to have any wear on the corners, siders, or bottom. I use her on special occasions or when I know I won't be running around. So, maybe that says something about the use of the bag! But, I know that many people use their Trendy regularly and don't keep her in the box like I do. But, then again, when I bought her I knew she wasn't going to be a workhorse for me - just a beauty.

I have other Chanel bags in my collection but don't live the lifestyle (or live in the right city) to use them daily. I tend to switch into them on the weekends. Although, I am trying to use them all more regularly and stop worrying about damaging them - they are expensive, so I should enjoy them!

My daily work bag is a longchamp because I can throw her around and walk home in the rain with her. I walk a lot to and from work, and don't feel comfortable (weather-wise and people-wise) carrying a Chanel through the downtown and the river valley. But, if I had a job where I could park affordable on the daily, I might use my Chanel Urban Spirit for work.

This may be a case where you end up with both the Trendy and the 19 over the years. The 19 is a bit flashy, but I find the softness/squishyness of the leather gives it a causal vibe that lessens the flash of the chains.

I hope you are able to see the 19 irl! I'm sure they will have one in one of the sizes/colours for you to check out (even if the black in gone for the moment).

:smile:

Reactions: JoeyLouis
I haven't used the Trendy enough, to be honest, to have any wear on the corners, siders, or bottom. I use her on special occasions or when I know I won't be running around. So, maybe that says something about the use of the bag! But, I know that many people use their Trendy regularly and don't keep her in the box like I do. But, then again, when I bought her I knew she wasn't going to be a workhorse for me - just a beauty.

I have other Chanel bags in my collection but don't live the lifestyle (or live in the right city) to use them daily. I tend to switch into them on the weekends. Although, I am trying to use them all more regularly and stop worrying about damaging them - they are expensive, so I should enjoy them!

My daily work bag is a longchamp because I can throw her around and walk home in the rain with her. I walk a lot to and from work, and don't feel comfortable (weather-wise and people-wise) carrying a Chanel through the downtown and the river valley. But, if I had a job where I could park affordable on the daily, I might use my Chanel Urban Spirit for work.

This may be a case where you end up with both the Trendy and the 19 over the years. The 19 is a bit flashy, but I find the softness/squishyness of the leather gives it a causal vibe that lessens the flash of the chains.

I hope you are able to see the 19 irl! I'm sure they will have one in one of the sizes/colours for you to check out (even if the black in gone for the moment).

:smile:

I meant to ask you if you had experienced any creasing on the front of the Trendy bag, near the bottom? When did you purchase yours? I feel the leather has changed since I looked at one a year ago. It seemed smoother and more luxe then, but the Trendy I bought and the other one in the boutique seemed to be less smooth. The other one had creases/wrinkles on the front on the bottom section. I don’t know if it’s because the leather is quite soft.

I still haven’t had chance to go back to see the 19. Probably all gone now!

I meant to ask you if you had experienced any creasing on the front of the Trendy bag, near the bottom? When did you purchase yours? I feel the leather has changed since I looked at one a year ago. It seemed smoother and more luxe then, but the Trendy I bought and the other one in the boutique seemed to be less smooth. The other one had creases/wrinkles on the front on the bottom section. I don’t know if it’s because the leather is quite soft.

I still haven’t had chance to go back to see the 19. Probably all gone now!
I bought one a few years ago, sold it, regretted it, and repurchased about 1.5 yrs ago? It's very smooth and luxe leather. I haven't seen any of the newer ones to compare, tho. Mine doesn't have any major wrinkles or creases that I can remember (I'll double check when I get home) but it does have a few natural creasing in the leather, as it is so soft. But, there isn't like one big crease all the way across the bag, or anything like that.

My SA told me today that the 19 should be coming in the November collection as well, and certainly in the January collection. So, you could get your name on the list. I know all of the black are sold out in my area, but there were colours to look at.

Hope this helps!! :smile: E

I bought one a few years ago, sold it, regretted it, and repurchased about 1.5 yrs ago? It's very smooth and luxe leather. I haven't seen any of the newer ones to compare, tho. Mine doesn't have any major wrinkles or creases that I can remember (I'll double check when I get home) but it does have a few natural creasing in the leather, as it is so soft. But, there isn't like one big crease all the way across the bag, or anything like that.

My SA told me today that the 19 should be coming in the November collection as well, and certainly in the January collection. So, you could get your name on the list. I know all of the black are sold out in my area, but there were colours to look at.

Hope this helps!! :smile: E

You’ve been really helpful, thank you! It wasn’t one big crease, it was a lot of little creases on one side at the front. Mine hasn’t got any but it’s still in the packaging as I’m too scared to remove the felt, etc - lol! - but I can tell that the leather seems to be susceptible to creasing because it is so soft and puffy, and not rigid like on the classic flaps.

That’s good news about the 19. My SA is away for two weeks so I can’t contact her about it which is really frustrating!

You’ve been really helpful, thank you! It wasn’t one big crease, it was a lot of little creases on one side at the front. Mine hasn’t got any but it’s still in the packaging as I’m too scared to remove the felt, etc - lol! - but I can tell that the leather seems to be susceptible to creasing because it is so soft and puffy, and not rigid like on the classic flaps.

That’s good news about the 19. My SA is away for two weeks so I can’t contact her about it which is really frustrating!
I think the corners of the Trendy might get creases because the weight of the bag rests on those soft corners. But, I don' think it'd be a big deal if you are careful.

My SA was away for 2 weeks as well! I was able to call the boutique and talk to them about getting my name on the list in her absence (she actually told me to call the boutique for anything I needed while she was away). Maybe you can do that, too? Get your name higher on the list than it would be in 2 weeks time!

I just bought the Trendy CC after trying to decide between the Trendy and the classic flap in M/L. My SA brought this out in black but because it wasn’t one of the contenders, I dismissed it. I’m now wondering if I should exchange my Trendy for this as I can’t stop thinking about it. Any thoughts?
No keep the Trendy!!! It’s the most gorgeous bag!

Reactions: sjunky13