19 Flap Bag Club!

Glazkova

Jul 30, 2019
Moscow
Hi everyone. Please help me to understand is this one original or fake ? 19 small from summer 2020. Person says she bought it in March 2020.

Attachments

OCMomof3

Feb 26, 2013
Southern CA
I'm thinking of selling my black boy bag for a 19. How often do you use your 19? Currently, the only bag I've been using consistently is my alma bb as it's easy to take care of and goes with everything. I don't seem to reach for my chanel flap even though I love it and I hardly ever reached for the boy since I got it. Obviously, I don't want the 19 to be yet another bag I don't use.
I guess I'm just trying to see if others find the 19 user friendly for everyday/casual wear. I'm looking to get the small size in leather, probably black or beige.
I think the 19 is very user-friendly and appropriate for every day wear. However, I wouldn't choose a tweed version for frequent use. The leather on my small black goatskin is very durable and the style is elegant but casual. I like it enough to consider it in a lighter color. Really a great bag!

Stella0925

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
Thanks for your thoughts! I loved the contrast of the gray with gold chain but I felt overwhelmed with anxiety thinking about the tweed material. I want the 19 to be my everyday bag and the tweed would limit my use. So i returned it and got it in beige instead!

I see that you already returned it lol. I do agree that I love the shade of grey with gold hardware

Stella0925

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
I'd like to hear this as well! Wear and tear, keeping structure/shape over time, and working year-round are all things I look for in a bag, and I'm not sure that the 19 meets those criteria.

I know I need the maxi if I am to fit my daily essentials, but I'm not sure
whether to go for leather (black) or the blue tweed with the Chanel ribbons going through it, or something else I haven't considered! (I did see and rule out the red, even though I am usually a red/pink girl.) Which would you go for, or neither? I'm kinda leaning towards neither. For the price, it checks off so little of what I want in a bag (in addition to the above points I raised, it also doesn't have feet), and I don't know that it looks good on me. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Tweed:
View attachment 4909839

View attachment 4909843

Leather:
View attachment 4909844

View attachment 4909845

Tweed looks so much better than the leather one IMO. But I’m not a fan of the shiny leather on 19s to start with so a maxi size for me is a no no

Stella0925

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
Thanks for the input! Haha, have you seen the glazed calfskin 19s? Those are even more shiny!!
Haha I think it will depend. I just don’t like shines on lamb or goat on a bag that kind of looks like and feels like a pillow lol
I do have Chanel glazed leather bag. I haven’t seen the glazed 19 yet!

Reactions: giligy

Julierose

New York City
O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
New York City
I'd like to hear this as well! Wear and tear, keeping structure/shape over time, and working year-round are all things I look for in a bag, and I'm not sure that the 19 meets those criteria.

I know I need the maxi if I am to fit my daily essentials, but I'm not sure whether to go for leather (black) or the blue tweed with the Chanel ribbons going through it, or something else I haven't considered! (I did see and rule out the red, even though I am usually a red/pink girl.) Which would you go for, or neither? I'm kinda leaning towards neither. For the price, it checks off so little of what I want in a bag (in addition to the above points I raised, it also doesn't have feet), and I don't know that it looks good on me. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Tweed:
View attachment 4909839

View attachment 4909843

Leather:
View attachment 4909844

View attachment 4909845
I actually love this bag on you in the navy tweed, it's just stunning!!!! I love the tweed 19 bags so much! I have two 19 bags and I find them super easy to use!!! Just my opinion though, I know everyone has different thoughts, but I really do think the tweed is stunning on you. It's very big, but if you need that size to fit your essentials then I say go for it!

Julierose

New York City
O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
New York City
Does anyone have any intel on when the pastel candy colored 19 bags are coming out? I know they are coming out with a beautiful pink, light blue and turquoise for Spring, just wondering if anyone saw any other photos or knows for sure when they're coming out? Thanks in advance!