18th birthday bag

Well, I turn 18 in a month and 4 days (not like I'm counting down or anything...) and I've decided that I would like to add another bag to my collect for the occasion. The thing is, I don't know what I want. I want a nice "it" bag to take to college with me (yea, I'm going to be THAT girl) and I was thinking Fendi Spy, but I don't know if that'll be passe by then. Of course, I would still run around with it and love it to little itty bitty peices, I like it way better than the Paddy.

Help me my handbag goddesses! My price range is about $800 and I'd like something that is usable for many many years to come but still inspires awe when I walk in the room now. :amuse:

thanx a million
mireille

i think you'll have a hard time finding a fendi spy bag for $800.
i'd check eluxury.com, they have louis vuitton, which is always a classic. and you can check the prices too.

maybe a speedy or a batignolles?

Not all spy bags are known for their quality (you can ask Noriko about her spy issues).

Also "It" bags change almost every season (actually sometimes even earlier than that). Make sure you love the bag for the design/function and not just the name. Oh...and..."It" girls need to prepare extra $$$ for the next "it" bag.

The spy is a safe bet for now, as well as a paddy. Chanel also has some awesome bags.

Totally agree with Kojiko on this, shes heard all about my spy frustrations. If you want something classic in the $800 I'd probably recommend an LV. Everyone recognizes it, and even though I cant think of one in the $800 range that would be considered an "it" bag, it'll be a safe choice for years if you plan to use it regularly for that long.

A spy bag for $800 is probably not going to happen.. They're a lot more than that..

For $800 I would probably go for LV as well, I like Rasbperry's advice. I'd say get on the waitlist for the Damier Speedy and then have your parents buy it for you when it comes in.

i'd say get a balenciaga classique - they're $995 retail, but they are great bags and seem to be making a comeback. they're the least expensive 'it' bag i can think of.

Like many have said and I will agree with, you need to carry a bag that you love- whatever it may be! You will probably want more of a practical classic bag than something that is seasonal (as in I wouldn't advise a bag with flowers etc).

I have only loved my Spy bag, but it ran a little more than $800 (and by that I mean a little over $2200). You could get a beautiful tote bag from some other great brands that would be easy to use for a long time and you would love. I am actually partial towards Tod's bags- so you could look at some of those!