17S so black mini rec owners: can someone please help me?

Mom30raps

Oct 1, 2018
Hi, can someone please confirm if the lining inside the zipped pocket is leather lined or fabric lined? My mini square is fabric lined and the so black mini rectangular is leather lined. I am planning to send the bag out to check authenticity, but any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi, can someone please confirm if the lining inside the zipped pocket is leather lined or fabric lined? My mini square is fabric lined and the so black mini rectangular is leather lined. I am planning to send the bag out to check authenticity, but any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thanks for bringing this up. I actually never paid attention to this detail throughout all these years! Just did a scan of some of my square and rectangular minis for you, it's interesting what I found:

RECT:
  • My so black chevron lamb rect mini (21 series) is fabric lined inside the zipper pocket
  • My recent gray lamb rect mini (28 series) is leather lined inside the zipper pocket
SQUARE:
  • My taupe square lamb mini (20 series) is fabric lined inside the zipper pocket
  • My black square caviar mini (25 series last caviar batch) is leather lined inside the zipper pocket

So then I pulled out my other minis in between this time frame:

• My black rect caviar mini (23 series burgundy interior) is leather lined inside the zipper pocket
  • All my other 21 series lamb or caviar rect minis are fabric lined inside the zipper pocket

So I can conclude that Chanel must have updated the material sometime, either starting at 22 series or 23 series. Perhaps others can help narrow down to the exact season. I do remember that prices started to increase significantly for minis around that time, perhaps changing to use leather was to justify the increase at the time. (Of course we now know that prices just kept increasing and there is no further justification!)

Thanks for bringing this up. I actually never paid attention to this detail throughout all these years! Just did a scan of some of my square and rectangular minis for you, it's interesting what I found:

RECT:
  • My so black chevron lamb rect mini (21 series) is fabric lined inside the zipper pocket
  • My recent gray lamb rect mini (28 series) is leather lined inside the zipper pocket
SQUARE:
  • My taupe square lamb mini (20 series) is fabric lined inside the zipper pocket
  • My black square caviar mini (25 series last caviar batch) is leather lined inside the zipper pocket

So then I pulled out my other minis in between this time frame:

• My black rect caviar mini (23 series burgundy interior) is leather lined inside the zipper pocket
  • All my other 21 series lamb or caviar rect minis are fabric lined inside the zipper pocket

So I can conclude that Chanel must have updated the material sometime, either starting at 22 series or 23 series. Perhaps others can help narrow down to the exact season. I do remember that prices started to increase significantly for minis around that time, perhaps changing to use leather was to justify the increase at the time. (Of course we now know that prices just kept increasing and there is no further justification!)
Wow! That’s pretty interesting finding. Can’t thank you enough for going through your bags and checking. My square mini is a 22 series and has a fabric lining, so black rectangular is a 24 series and has leather lining. So your theory makes total sense. Thank you again for your response.

Last edited: