17S blue chevron! Not so blue [emoji38] & confused

calflu

Apr 3, 2012
I just picked up 17s blue chevron mini and I am recovering from shocks

Although I've read on the forum she's not like 16s blue and she's perhaps darker in shade but when I open it...the color was totally different from any pics I've seen from SAs or on the forum

I was expect she'd be one or two shade darker than 16s but she turned out to be dark turquoise blue!!!!

In all pics I've seen she looks more like this. And I took the pic also under natural day light without any filter

IMG_1494034955.510216.jpg
IMG_1494034965.112071.jpg

But in reality....she looks more dark turquoise blue with green undertone

I'm very confused as I've not heard or read anything like this

And she looks more blue than green under indoor yellow light

Below is the pic with filter just to get close to how she really looks like in person

I hope this helps anyone who's debating about this bag! She's a stunner but she's not cold color tone blue [emoji28]
IMG_1494035107.315074.jpg

And here is pic from SA which is the same as all the pics I've seen posted!

They look totally different but the blue in pic below is how the pic will look like without any filter! It just doesn't match what she looks like in person [emoji28]

IMG_1494035340.211729.jpg

Is it a bad or good shock? Lol. I got mine last week as well and when I opened it I'd have sworn it was on the navy side at night but the next morning when I took it out it was a different shade.
I think it's similar to Hermes Colvert blue.

Is it a bad or good shock? Lol. I got mine last week as well and when I opened it I'd have sworn it was on the navy side at night but the next morning when I took it out it was a different shade.
I think it's similar to Hermes Colvert blue.

It was a bad shock

I tried it under different lighting inside the house and under yellow light it's cool blue tone that I love but not under day light indoor!! I think she will likely go back......

Yes it's close to Hermes colvert blue or blue jeans

Blue with dark shade of green

I wish I had known this before I opened the box

Congrats on this beautiful 17s blue mini! You are right on about this color! Pictures are so deceiving because it looks nothing in person to the pictures I saw before I purchased mine. It was so hard to capture the true shade of this 'blue'. I was slightly taken aback when I first saw this in person because I was expecting something different but decided to purchase it any ways because it was still a beautiful color. I have worn this several times already and have gotten numerous compliments on this bag- no regrets!

Reactions: calflu
I bought the same mini and really love this blue! There is a hint of turquoise but not so much to call it dark turquoise blue in my opinion....... it's more of a rich medium blue to me. I find this blue to be more wearable than a purplish royal blue. Goes well with denim.

I used to own a Hermes Colvert Birkin and I can definitely say that's a completely different blue. The 17S blue is much bluer and much prettier to me. I wore mine yesterday and got compliments too!

Last edited:
I agree with "summer game". The colour is changing but I thought it to be a positive sign as it was matching with my denim a lot more. Also I felt I would be able to match it with more clothes in my wardrobe. Mine is a M/L flap but got a lot of compliments when I wore the bag. Good luck :smile:

I agree with "summer game". The colour is changing but I thought it to be a positive sign as it was matching with my denim a lot more. Also I felt I would be able to match it with more clothes in my wardrobe. Mine is a M/L flap but got a lot of compliments when I wore the bag. Good luck :smile:

It was a bad shock

I tried it under different lighting inside the house and under yellow light it's cool blue tone that I love but not under day light indoor!! I think she will likely go back......

Yes it's close to Hermes colvert blue or blue jeans

Blue with dark shade of green

I wish I had known this before I opened the box

Oh no, Calflu! Looking at the photos, I totally get why you would be disappointed. I'm not really into blue bags, but if I were I would want it to look like the photo your SA sent you which clearly has an "indigo" undertone. That is crazy how different it is in real life! Sorry this happened to you.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
I posted about the same bag last week! Yes the photos I've seen or taken myself are definitely deceiving about this bag. I believe it's hard to capture this color because for some reason the caviar isn't flat. It almost has a turquoise shine to the leather and when you capture the shine in a photo it looks green but otherwise it's a medium to deep blue. I actually rather like this because it makes the bag more wearable. A deep royal or purple blue is harder for me to wear casually.

I just picked up 17s blue chevron mini and I am recovering from shocks

Although I've read on the forum she's not like 16s blue and she's perhaps darker in shade but when I open it...the color was totally different from any pics I've seen from SAs or on the forum

I was expect she'd be one or two shade darker than 16s but she turned out to be dark turquoise blue!!!!

In all pics I've seen she looks more like this. And I took the pic also under natural day light without any filter

View attachment 3689905
View attachment 3689907
Congrats! The first photo was the actual color I expected deep dark blue but with the second photo it looks much lighter next to the red orange mini. I sense your disappointment in the mini color and hope you can return within to time frame.