17P Ivory Caviar Le Boy - first release?

lovingit74

Jul 1, 2015
After being thoroughly disappointed in how the 17P black caviar turned out, I am debating if I should get the Ivory color. The Ivory doesn't appear as shiny because of the lighter color but I believe the leather still feels the same as the 17p caviars. Does anyone know if this is the first time Chanel has introduced this color for the Le Boy. I'm more inclined to the matte look and feel of the 17C caviar. Yes, the 17C caviars felt more sturdy and harder. However, I don't know if they ever made the ivory Le Boy in the matte color before so don't want to pass up this opportunity if they never make it again. My SA seems to think that 17P is the first time Chanel has released the ivory in the Le Boy and has never seen it before with the RHW. SA says this is the first time that he has seen the caviar with this sheen and softer feel and he believes that this is the way caviar is going made to be going forward.

Here is a pic he sent me.

Attachments

Reactions: RasberryLV

Yingtwilight

Jul 22, 2016
Not sure if the carviar will be shiny from now on.. while I did purchase a black carviar small o-case in LGHW a month ago.. and it's just as shiny as the le boy you've posted. I wonder if it's something to do the this season?

Feb 11, 2014
After being thoroughly disappointed in how the 17P black caviar turned out, I am debating if I should get the Ivory color. The Ivory doesn't appear as shiny because of the lighter color but I believe the leather still feels the same as the 17p caviars. Does anyone know if this is the first time Chanel has introduced this color for the Le Boy. I'm more inclined to the matte look and feel of the 17C caviar. Yes, the 17C caviars felt more sturdy and harder. However, I don't know if they ever made the ivory Le Boy in the matte color before so don't want to pass up this opportunity if they never make it again. My SA seems to think that 17P is the first time Chanel has released the ivory in the Le Boy and has never seen it before with the RHW. SA says this is the first time that he has seen the caviar with this sheen and softer feel and he believes that this is the way caviar is going made to be going forward.

Here is a pic he sent me.
Beautiful color! I just recently purchased a gray beige color from 17P too. My SA said chanel has done a ton of different caviar leathers over the years so nothing new. He said this will be there newest texture for caviar and it is more micro pebbled than previously.

Reactions: Plumeria233

katiebal

Apr 19, 2015
IMG_0514.jpg Chanel released an ivory caviar boy with rhw for prefall 2016. It was released with the other prefall boys, in the more matte caviar leather. Attached is a picture...