17C cuba pink chevron mini - how much?

lifewithcoco

Dec 26, 2021
Hi hi~
I recently fell in love with the 17c pink chevron mini when I came across a photo of it on instagram and I have been looking for resellers since then… but I kinda think $5,300 for mini is too much considering its series (2017) or is the price just about right? Also the bag has been used with mild rubbings on the corners. Please share your thoughts! To buy or not to buy? :eek:

26069460-EC02-49DE-AF01-5989F658BBCD.jpeg

Hi hi~
I recently fell in love with the 17c pink chevron mini when I came across a photo of it on instagram and I have been looking for resellers since then… but I kinda think $5,300 for mini is too much considering its series (2017) or is the price just about right? Also the bag has been used with mild rubbings on the corners. Please share your thoughts! To buy or not to buy? :eek:

View attachment 5330644
Omgggggg soooo cute!!!

Reactions: theprettymiss
I have the m/l version of this bag. The leather on the front of this looks a little wrinkled and dirty to me from this picture but perhaps ask for some better pictures to look more closely and help with your decision.

I remember looking at this exact bag in 2017 and noticed the wrinkles on this mini. I passed on this although I liked the light pink. Unfortunately, some of the minis came that way. As for the price, that is subjective, it is depends on how much you want this mini. Personally, I am not a fan of 'aged gold hardware' as it doesn't age well but that is just me. Some people love the aged gold hardware, you just have to be aware that the hardware will change color.

I feel like I don't really see minis under 5K unless it's an unpopular color or in bad condition. I guess it comes down what is a good price for you. I would probably try to find one without rubs on the corners though.

it looks used the leather is wrinkled in the front
not the quality i'd expect from a chanel bag... sad they stopped making the mini's in caviar. wear shows so quickly

They are actually used hence the signs of usage. I am not sure if the wrinkles were caused by the usage or it is just the way it is. I think they stopped making minis in caviar to push for other leathers. I agree with you though!

I have the m/l version of this bag. The leather on the front of this looks a little wrinkled and dirty to me from this picture but perhaps ask for some better pictures to look more closely and help with your decision.

I’m a bit jealous of your m/l :doh: She actually sent me more photos and videos and agreed, the leather is quite dirty and needed some cleaning. I’m not quite convinced to get it.

I remember looking at this exact bag in 2017 and noticed the wrinkles on this mini. I passed on this although I liked the light pink. Unfortunately, some of the minis came that way. As for the price, that is subjective, it is depends on how much you want this mini. Personally, I am not a fan of 'aged gold hardware' as it doesn't age well but that is just me. Some people love the aged gold hardware, you just have to be aware that the hardware will change color.
I have come across on exact bags on IG (not for sale) that have the same wrinkle on the front too. I have another bag with aged ghw from 2015 and now it looked matte gold.

I feel like I don't really see minis under 5K unless it's an unpopular color or in bad condition. I guess it comes down what is a good price for you. I would probably try to find one without rubs on the corners though.
You’re right about the minis selling for more than 5k if in excellent condition :amuse: I’d probably have to pass on this one ‘cause of its obvious signs of usage.

As someone above said, price is subjective and it really depends on how much you like the bag and whether it’s worth it for you. As far as its price compared to the current retail market, I think the price is about right since minis are trendy and in demand right now

The leather on the chevrons for this season is calfskin which has some natural grain. Paired with the aged gold hw it has a more rustic look especially as it ages. I think all the chevron minis have the wrinkling on the front have near the opening, similar to the”perfect mini” bag from a few seasons ago.

Some comparisons of the calfskin and lambskin pinks from 17C. If you havent already, I’d check out jenscloud9 and nnikkitine on ig! They both have a lovely collection of 17C pink items

C7E40CA6-639F-4BAB-9E83-52135F449EEC.jpegC6E5C947-6F83-4146-AA21-2B0A1A84692F.jpeg

As someone above said, price is subjective and it really depends on how much you like the bag and whether it’s worth it for you. As far as its price compared to the current retail market, I think the price is about right since minis are trendy and in demand right now

The leather on the chevrons for this season is calfskin which has some natural grain. Paired with the aged gold hw it has a more rustic look especially as it ages. I think all the chevron minis have the wrinkling on the front have near the opening, similar to the”perfect mini” bag from a few seasons ago.

Some comparisons of the calfskin and lambskin pinks from 17C. If you havent already, I’d check out jenscloud9 and nnikkitine on ig! They both have a lovely collection of 17C pink items

View attachment 5330947View attachment 5330946
The price $5,300 was quite fair considering the last price increase but I passed on this mini rec but been still looking since then.

I actually liked that it’s calfskin and chevron and the pink is just so lovely! The 17c pink chevron minis come in aged GHW only? I’ve seen a mini square for sale but it definitely does not come with an aged/matte GHW so I am wondering if these minis in 17c come in 2 types of hardware :noworry:

I checked both IG you recommended and theirs come in aged GHW

Attachments

• F9455E69-2562-4D6B-B711-E768E315C8C7.jpeg
    F9455E69-2562-4D6B-B711-E768E315C8C7.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 9
I also wonder if the 17 Cuba come in aged gold hardware only. I've seen photos online that it has shiny gold hardware too.
Yes, the 17C Cuba chevron rectangular minis only came with aged gold hardware. All 3 colours ( pink, dark beige and khaki) were only with AGH.

The khaki is more like a military green.

As for the wrinkled leather, it was supposed to be in that way. The official name of the leather being used for minis in this collection is ‘ crinkled calfskin ‘

BCFAC747-3B1C-4A9B-A8B5-F1A427FF40A1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pheebspurse