17C black Caviar Boy or Reissue 225?

Ashleym

O.G.
Apr 8, 2009
Hi Everyone,
So 2 weeks ago I purchased a 17C black caviar boy old medium with ghw which I love but havent carried yet. I had originally gone into the boutique at Neimans looking to purchase my first Chanel purse a mini. I had no idea minis were like unicorns. The boy is beautiful and love the Caviar leather and the ghw but honestly its not my style too flashy (i only wish I could pull off the ghw boy LOL). Anyways after doing some research here I think the reissue in small might be more my style.

I have been bitten by the Chanel bug and so far in 2 weeks in addition to the boy a small black mademoiselle flap bag and a small Chanel zip wallet. Would like any opinions from people here am I making the right decision to go for the reissue? the option for cross body is important. Is my SA going to hate me for exchanging a bag? I sent her a txt asking for pictures of any small reissues she has in stock and she hasnt responded yet ...:-s

I love that reissue and to me, the black with ghw is a classic! I would pick the reissue since you seem to have doubt about the boy but the boy bag can be worn 3 ways too, like the reissue. Do update on whether you decide to make the switch:P

I love that reissue and to me, the black with ghw is a classic! I would pick the reissue since you seem to have doubt about the boy but the boy bag can be worn 3 ways too, like the reissue. Do update on whether you decide to make the switch:P

Thanks for the reply The pictures was sent to me by my SA. Wish I could say it was me rocking the reissue. Love to hear more opinions on the pattern. I haven't seen anyone else posting a similar reissue

Love this style very much, but 2 issues about this exact bag that would bother me.... look at the rings for the chain strap... they are unevenly placed... also the clasp looks quite crooked to me which I find a lot on reissues :sad:

Love this style very much, but 2 issues about this exact bag that would bother me.... look at the rings for the chain strap... they are unevenly placed... also the clasp looks quite crooked to me which I find a lot on reissues :sad:

Oh wow thank you for your response with the way the pictures was taken the clasp does look a bit uneven.. Will request additional pictures.

Here is the 225 Reissue my SA has to exchange for the Boy. What do you think? This is the first time I have seen this combo of quilt and chevron.
Oh, sweet!! I have really "warmed up" fast to the new bags that have combo of quilt & chevron. At first my eyes were a little "confused" by them but now I think they are really cool. Sorry the Boy was not for you but very wise of you that you know he isn't for you & an exchange must make you thrilled. I do see what @Lola24 pointed out to you on that particular bag. Hopefully your SA will be able to locate another if you love this style when you go see it in person. BEST of LUCK!! Excited for you dear Ashleym!:flowers:

Reactions: Lola24
You should settle for the bag you love & comfortable with. :heart: But like Lola24 said, the misallignment does bother me too & should get the one that has a better allignment.

Both boy & reissue are gorgeous bags imo & can be worn crossbody. Do note the boy's old medium chain worn crossbody is slightly shorter than the reissue.

Also, do note the caviar on boy 17C and the reissue's are different. The reissue seems to be using the current caviar which boy 17P uses which is has a sheen to it & imo softer to touch. While i personally like it, some doesnt.

Maybe you can have a visit to the store to have a look & try them on? :flowers:

Reactions: Lola24
Oh wow thank you for your response with the way the pictures was taken the clasp does look a bit uneven.. Will request additional pictures.
look at the placement of the rings too... the one on the left seems to overlap stitching at a different spot than the one on the right... something is wonky..

I love Reissues, but I'm not so in Love with this one: the grommets, the mix of chevron and quilt....it sounds like you have some reservations as well. Maybe wait and see if something else comes along.

Reactions: Martini0317
I love Reissues, but I'm not so in Love with this one: the grommets, the mix of chevron and quilt....it sounds like you have some reservations as well. Maybe wait and see if something else comes along.

Thanks everyone for replying and I wasnt sure if I liked the mix of quilt and Chevron. After what Lola24 pointed out I will definitely not get the purse pictured. I was hoping to exchange when I returned the boy so my SA would get the commission. I just hate returning items and feel so bad :-s