17b red dilemma please help

no5

O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I already own a mini rectangular in this colour and have been on the hunt for a jumbo which is proving impossible.

I’m considering taking a medium because of price and the fact these pieces are so rare in 17b red. What do you think? Should I snap up the medium or hold out for a jumbo?

Incidentally I also own 9C and 12A red jumbos.

I have a medium in black. It was my first Chanel but sometimes I find the capacity small. But then again the medium might mix up my reds so there’s variety in size. Thanks!

Reactions: snowbubble
If you already have two other red jumbos, I would go with the medium. As you said, it mixes up your reds so there's more variety in size! Personal preference but I also prefer colors like red in smaller sized bags, so they're a tiny bit more muted but still pop. 17B is indeed such a gorgeous red!

Reactions: fdc and vivy_tran
If you already have two other red jumbos, I would go with the medium. As you said, it mixes up your reds so there's more variety in size! Personal preference but I also prefer colors like red in smaller sized bags, so they're a tiny bit more muted but still pop. 17B is indeed such a gorgeous red!
Thank you my dear. I’m inclined to think you might be right. 17b is a powerful red. I love it so much

Reactions: Anesthestia
If jumbo is your favorite size then don’t settle for the medium just because the color is rare. If you can work both sizes and love them equally then go for the medium.

Reactions: no5
If jumbo is your favorite size then don’t settle for the medium just because the color is rare. If you can work both sizes and love them equally then go for the medium.
I think you’re totally right and I always give others this advice. As it turns out I missed out on this one as seller wanted a US buyer and I’m not. Guess it’s fate and it wasn’t meant to be. The hunt goes on...

Don’t give up, your jumbo is out there. Do check fashionphile every now and then because I remember seeing it there a few times in the past.

I think you’re totally right and I always give others this advice. As it turns out I missed out on this one as seller wanted a US buyer and I’m not. Guess it’s fate and it wasn’t meant to be. The hunt goes on...

I was in a similar position awhile back. I missed the boat on getting an ivory jumbo with silver hardware, but by when I found the combo I wanted in the m/l size, I purchased it thinking it would be a good compromise. Alas it wasn’t for a number of reasons...my style is more casual and I vm feel the m/ is a little more formal and I really dislike the strap length. Long story short, I sold the bag six months after getting and only carrying once or twice, now I’m waiting for Chanel to produce this version again.

On a separate note, I know the 17B red is gorgeous and can appreciate your love for it, but if you have your heart set on a jumbo would you consider the 18B red? I know it’s more of a raspberry pink but when I’ve compared the two side by side they are very similar. The only reason I mention is because a reseller on Instagram, lbjdlaw, has an 18B red jumbo in new condition for sale. I think she’s had the bag since it was released because the price it’s listed for is a little less than what the jumbo will cost soon in the US after the price increase

I was in a similar position awhile back. I missed the boat on getting an ivory jumbo with silver hardware, but by when I found the combo I wanted in the m/l size, I purchased it thinking it would be a good compromise. Alas it wasn’t for a number of reasons...my style is more casual and I vm feel the m/ is a little more formal and I really dislike the strap length. Long story short, I sold the bag six months after getting and only carrying once or twice, now I’m waiting for Chanel to produce this version again.

On a separate note, I know the 17B red is gorgeous and can appreciate your love for it, but if you have your heart set on a jumbo would you consider the 18B red? I know it’s more of a raspberry pink but when I’ve compared the two side by side they are very similar. The only reason I mention is because a reseller on Instagram, lbjdlaw, has an 18B red jumbo in new condition for sale. I think she’s had the bag since it was released because the price it’s listed for is a little less than what the jumbo will cost soon in the US after the price increase
Lisa3828 thank you so much for your post. You’ve really helped me feel better :yes: :flowers:

On reflection last night I realised it’s the jumbo I want. I have a medium which was my first Chanel many years ago which I bought for less than 1K but that’s another story! So I’ll never sell but with the medium I get irritated with playing bag Tetris with the additional flap, unlike a mini. Plus like you say the chain length is an issue. I feel with the jumbo is you have more space and the chain length is better. I’ve never had a problem with weight but I never overstuff mine. I just like the flexibility of having that extra space.

I have seen that 18b but again if I bought that it would be 17b I still yearn for. I have an 18b square mini in my collection so that satisfies that itch.

Thanks again Lisa. I hope you find your unicorn too :heart: :flowers: :drinks:

Do you find it easy to wear red jumbos? haha I feeeeel since the puffs are bigger on Jumbos, they some time appear pooofier and prettier! Thats definitely true for 12A, 12A is prettiest in the Jumbo size. I've owned 12A in Square mini, m/l, and Jumbo before haha (Only kept the Jumbo).