17 Year Old Becomes Mother Of Four

Wow, I hope she can handle them at at such a young age? I'm sure she will, though. Large families are the new hotness anyways ;)

This story reminded me about a girl I went to school with, who, by the time she was 18, had her 6th baby. She had a child every year since 6th grade. Every one of the kids were from one night stands. I felt bad for her, but it was her own fault.

that's really disturbing.

Two words: BIRTH.CONTROL.

My mother had two kids by the time she was 18, and let me tell you, she was not a happy woman while I was growing up. No offense, but this girl is incredibly stupid and naive, and has no idea what she has gotten herself into. Does anyone else think that the father is going to stick around long enough to see these kids turn 18?

I think there is a time and a place for everything, and I think it's great that she's eager to have a family, but she's so young, and theres a whole wide world out there for the taking! And theres always still time to have a family. I wish her luck, ear plugs, and a buttload of diapers. I could never, ever do that at that age.. there's just so much for me to still do before I settle down my roots.

What happens if the guy leaves her, barely legal, with FOUR kids? I don't know, I think parenting is an especially daunting task that requires maturity and thought, planning out how to raise and financially support 4 teenage boys + plus child support to the other two children. She made her choice, and I respect that, her body, her life. I just hope the children don't have to suffer for this.

What happens if the guy leaves her, barely legal, with FOUR kids? I don't know, I think parenting is an especially daunting task that requires maturity and thought, planning out how to raise and financially support 4 teenage boys + plus child support to the other two children. She made her choice, and I respect that, her body, her life. I just hope the children don't have to suffer for this.

I so agree with this statement. While her outlook right now is great, I just wonder how she'll take it down the road. There are good and bad parents in all economic classes though. I hope she makes it, but the skeptic in me thinks she'll probably end up on public assistance before too long.

She was slamming pain killers while preggers to get through her exams? Nice.
No thank you. I'm 24 and the thought of having 4 kids is scary. I can barely afford to support myself and I have a college degree.

I don't see why it's "sad" and "stupid" if it's what she wants. There are plently of people in their 20s and 30s which is clearly "the proper age" *rolls eyes* who don't want to or can't look after children properly.

If it's what she wants, I don't see why anybody else is in the position to tell her she's wrong.

It's also extremely harsh IMO, to assume that the father will leave, purely on the basis that they're a young couple.

My parents had me when they were both 17 and still at school. They're still happily married, both went to university and have excellent well-paying jobs, and now I have two gorgeous brothers. People said exactly the things in this thread about them, but they've shown them that they were wrong.

I know not every teenage pregnancy has a happy ending, but that's a risk no matter how old you are.

I don't see why it's "sad" and "stupid" if it's what she wants. There are plently of people in their 20s and 30s which is clearly "the proper age" *rolls eyes* who don't want to or can't look after children properly.

If it's what she wants, I don't see why anybody else is in the position to tell her she's wrong.

It's also extremely harsh IMO, to assume that the father will leave, purely on the basis that they're a young couple.

My parents had me when they were both 17 and still at school. They're still happily married, both went to university and have excellent well-paying jobs, and now I have two gorgeous brothers. People said exactly the things in this thread about them, but they've shown them that they were wrong.

I know not every teenage pregnancy has a happy ending, but that's a risk no matter how old you are.

We aren't talking about being seventeen with one child, she is seventeen with FOUR children. FOUR. Did your mom have you and your brothers all by the time she was seventeen? My guess is that she didn't; thus, she was able to complete university and move on with her life. Yes, I am being harsh, but having FOUR children by the time you are seventeen is stupid and irresponsible. She is not married to the father of these babies; therefore, I do not think he has the same vested interest in their welfare as your father had in you and your siblings.

People in their 20s and 30s who have children are still far more capable both financially and emotionally to care for that many children than any seventeen year old could hope. Sorry, I speak from my own experience with my young parents, compared to that of my peers.