16 Children and 1 on the way!!!!

Bloody hell, sex with her must be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

Her 'va jay jay' must be...ewwwwww.

Why comments like these? This woman is a mother, wife, someone's daughter. Would horrible things be said about a woman who was unable to have children?

She may be a mother, wife, and daughter, but big deal. So was Andrea Yates. And Sadaam Hussein was someone's father, husband, and son. Now, nobody reading this needs to misinterpret me and think that I'm trying to say that Ma Duggar is as bad as Andrea Yates or Sadaam Hussein, because that's not what I'm saying at all. The point that I'm trying to make is that the fact that she is a wife, mother, and daughter does NOT give her immunity from criticism. She's human just like the rest of us, and she has no special privileges or exemption from being talked about. I didn't/wouldn't post harsh comments about Mrs. Duggar, but I wouldn't go so far as to say nobody should formulate opinions about her.

The point that I'm trying to make is that the fact that she is a wife, mother, and daughter does NOT give her immunity from criticism. She's human just like the rest of us, and she has no special privileges or exemption from being talked about.quote]

Okay...but that's not the point I was making. Why does a woman choosing to have a big family bring horrible comments from some people? We don't hear that about women who choose not to have any children--or if we do, they are rightly condemned.

no issue about an opinion but the question is how you express that. there are a lot of topics/ issues/ etc that should be addressed in a respectful manner, and I don't see what exempts this? I don't think everyone has to support them or like them but there are ways to express that. to some degree it is discriminating towards people with large families, or at least hurtful, and I though this was a place where everyone had respect for each other's life styles?

To me, there's a difference between joking that Mr. and Mrs. Dugger being like rabbits and making jokes that are more graphic.

I have made the hot dog down a hallway joke, but it was a general statement (it was never directed at anybody) and it was in a thread about vaginoplasty.

Why comments like these? This woman is a mother, wife, someone's daughter. Would horrible things be said about a woman who was unable to have children?

Obviously, they made a tv show (I haven't seen it) about these people so there will be comments about them whether positive or negative.

I just want to know WHY have that many children? Do they live on a farm and need workers? I bet the mother works right up until labor. More power to her. Better her than me. It's her vagina, she can do whatever she wants with it. She just needs to learn to say no every now and then. I wonder what is going to happen when she can't have kids anymore? Will her hubby leave her?

^ i can't say for this family but the women I know and have met that have that many children just wanted to have them - although I realise it may be hard to take - it does exist.

also, I wonder where the cut off is: i mean, for someone who doesn't have children 4 may seem a lot, and for someone with 4 children 8 will be a lot - so at which point is it really a lot? when it hits double-digits?

I don't really care about this couple of course but assume we were talking about another TV show touching on specific issue and people were making jokes - it might be considered discriminatory and insulting to whoever they were joking about - not just those in the TV show but everyone who is/ chooses to live like them, kwim? what exempts these people then, is what I don't get?

I just think it is sad for the kids. It has so hard to devote so much time and attention to one child, but 16? I lvoe spending time with my 5 year old son when my daughter is in school- we have one on one time and we talk and play. But these kids have so many chores and the elder ones have to help the mom raise the younger ones. I think that family is very selfish- using religion and god as an excuse as to why they do not use birth control. And they are using the older kids for free babysitting and maid service. She just needs to close her legs period.
monica

That is my screenshot at work! I LOL'd when I saw it the first time, I am so glad you posted this, bec I was about to!!!

I love this macro that someone made of the family:
clowncar.jpg

For those who are displeased with others making jokes at her expense...yes it is her choice to have that many children, but it's our choice to find humor in her decision to do so.

I have seen this family before shopping at a Sam's Club they had like 7 shopping carts filled to the brim with food, toiletries, etc., all the kids were like little ducks in a row very well behaved, and mannerly. I hear that they are an excellent family, but damn that is a lot of kids!!

Jesus christ, it was a joke on a purse forum. I make the same joke about a clasmate who's had sex with every guy in our class. It's not like I stapled it to her forehead or something. Lighten up.

I watched the show where she was like 9 months preggos ready to pop and they were building their own house...yes people by themselves...from the ground up. Before moving into the self-built mcmansion they lived in a smalll house w/ one bathroom. The only thing I find reaaalllly strange is that she homeschools all of them, but they are all different ages, and when they showed it on tv it looked like they were all being schooled together.

I just think it is sad for the kids. It has so hard to devote so much time and attention to one child, but 16? I lvoe spending time with my 5 year old son when my daughter is in school- we have one on one time and we talk and play. But these kids have so many chores and the elder ones have to help the mom raise the younger ones. I think that family is very selfish- using religion and god as an excuse as to why they do not use birth control. And they are using the older kids for free babysitting and maid service. She just needs to close her legs period.
monica

I think that this is a statement that exists quite firmly in countries like the US. Older children helping around the house and helping raise younger siblings? That's pretty much the norm where I come from. Do they complain or have 'issues' about it? Not that I've ever heard of.

And mind you, in families like that that I've seen the siblings care about each other a lot, because they've been taught to take care of one another very well, and this exists even when they are older.

My grandfather came from a very large family, and one of his brothers died at a very young age leaving 4 kids under 10. My great-aunt took over the responsibility of caring for that family, as did my grandfather's other siblings. Was it done with complaints of babysitting or maid service for her brother's children? None. And when many years later when my great-aunt's son became very ill, those 4 kids who were now all grown up helped take care of him....payment for invalid nursing and maid service? None. There's a very large give-and-take mentality that I find extremely lacking in families that I've met in the US.

Yees, excellent. In an overpopulated world in which people are starving to death in the millions, let's breed like bunnies!

normal_photo_no_247.jpg

... a wonderful thing, use it.

They were, at first. Then they had a child and she went back on the pill. They conceived and she miscarried. After that she went off the pill and they said they'll have as many
as possible. (Well, their words were "They asked God to bless them with as many children as He saw fit in His timing.")

http://www.jimbob.info/aboutus.html