$1500 down the DRain? HELP! (updated on page 19)

The bag was a Louis Vuitton. I didnt have it authenticated. I thought it was real at first. Then I put it on EBay and another seller contacted me and told me it was fake. I thought I had an eye to spot it. The telltale sign should have been in the datecode. (Factory of production was "DP" which doesnt exist.)

I think to make sure you need to authenticate that bag. You could send pictures to Authenticate This.
How can you just trust another Seller that e-mailed you?
Are you sure the date code is DP instead of SP? On some bags, it is hard to read it.

Seller Authentic.LV sold many authentic Louis Vuittons-so I have no idea they sold you a fake one, and you already authenticated the bag here.

I am very sorry, look like you could not get your money back from the last 2 payments with Money Orders.

I am sorry to say OP that when you do split payments, you have no PP or ebay protection. I would post the pix of bag here on PF AGAIN and advide the seller that you have done this and direct her to your post # and the response post #(s). Your seller has a good reputation.

When exactly was this bag bought and shipped?

I am sorry to say OP that when you do split payments, you have no PP or ebay protection. I would post the pix of bag here on PF AGAIN and advide the seller that you have done this and direct her to your post # and the response post #(s). Your seller has a good reputation.

This from OP: I made the payments in Jan2008 (PayPal) / Feb2008 (Money Order) / Mar 2008 (Money Order).

Contacted and contacted finally gave up.

Received the bag in November 2009.

This from OP: I made the payments in Jan2008 (PayPal) / Feb2008 (Money Order) / Mar 2008 (Money Order).

Contacted and contacted finally gave up.

Received the bag in November 2009.

O... M... G.

Received the bag from the seller OVER A YEAR after it was paid for...??
There is no excuse for this. WTH??

I think to make sure you need to authenticate that bag. You could send pictures to Authenticate This.
How can you just trust another Seller that e-mailed you?
Are you sure the date code is DP instead of SP? On some bags, it is hard to read it.

Attached is a pic of the date code. After another seller told me about its "authenticity", I had a Mod (here) authenticate it for me. He confirmed it as fake.

Attachments

• DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 944

I bought the bag in December 2007. Payment was complete March 2008. I received the bag in November 2009.

Yup, clearly showed DP.
I am so very sorry, OP.
Please do what Ellie Mae said: " ....advise the seller that you have done this and direct her to your post # and the response post #(s)."

O... M... G.

Received the bag from the seller OVER A YEAR after it was paid for...??
There is no excuse for this. WTH??

I agree!! If that was me, I would have filed a claim right away! even if it was just for the initial $500 that you paid through paypal. I don't know about everyone else, but I could not afford to let $1500 be floating around like that with no bag in hand! OP your are very patient! but unfortunately this could be to your detriment. You might have to chalk this up to one very expensive lesson learned & ALWAYS ALWAYS have anything authenticated on tPF first! (not trying to be naggy/bossy);)

I would listen to whatever Ellie Mae's advice is as she is the Yoda of ebay transactions & helping out with scams!

Just cross in my mind that maybe Seller has no intention to send the bag at all, and only sent it after OP e-mailed them many many times. Who knows. So very disappointed sometimes we think one being a reputable Seller but who knows.

Keep e-mailing the Seller. The item is fake, you must ask for your money back.