150 cm.height girl with Birkin 35??

aojung

Jul 4, 2007
I am an asian girl with 150 cm height and weight 42 kg. Pls advise if birkin 35 suits me?
I am just wondered if Birkin 30 looks too formal and adult ?

Pls advise for my first Birkin. Thank You

Welcome to the forum!

Is this for everyday use? You're petite, so I would say go for the 30cm. I'm 161cm and much heavier than you, and I find the 35 a little too big for my frame, plus it's heavy to lug around if it's full. I use 35 mainly when I travel and need to carry more.

I've noticed that most asian women my size and smaller tend to prefer 30s too. That's the most popular size in Japan (biggest Hermès market in Asia), where many ladies are petite like you.

If you can, try them both on in front of a mirror - only way to be sure!

aojung, I am around your height and weight, I find that 35 is just too bulky on me, and the 30 is PERFECT, so my vote is go for 30's!!! Good luck in finding your birkin :heart:

I'm petite too, and used to think that 30cm suits me. But I started loving the 35cm cos they carry more (and a shawl sticking out from the sides is very chic), and suddenly, they're the perfect size for me! I've only seen French women in Paris with the size 35cm, even the petite ones. And they always look so stylish! Only the Asian women seem to carry the 30cm over here (equally stylish, but different).

i would go for the 30 if I were you. Where are you based? If you're in Asia, you can easily try on the bags at your local resell shops to see which size fits you best.

Aojung, I think to really properly help you, we need to know what you have to carry daily. You may be petite, but if you plan on carrying a laptop daily, you will need a 35. If you will be primarily using this as a purse, the 30cm should be sufficient.

I'm no taller than you and I suppose a 30 would be better if you carry around the basic stuff. If you carry everything but extra clothes (like me) then go for a 35.

Quite a personal perference, but do you usually carry big bag? If yes, then don't change just because it is H...and since looking 'adult' is a problem for you? you must be very young and young people look GOOD in whatever they wear! :graucho:

Well Im only 1.53 cm and I actually prefer my 35 cm Birkin. I turned down a 30 cm at the Copenhagen store just beacuse it looked too petite and a tad bit too formal. Mind you I take my Birkin everywhere and travel constantly. The best thing would be for you to try both sizes at your local store. Good luck with your choice!

Im 5'2" (about 157cm, I think) and I prefer the 35cm. I've actually never even tried on the 30cm, but I am comfortable with a 35cm.

If you are undecided, you should try on both sizes and see which one you are comfortable with.

Depends on what you need the bag for. I'm only a bit taller than you and quite petite, and I use both. I prefer the 30 for shopping and errands, but I use a 35 for work.

hi guys, am glad to see this discussion,,,i am goig to buy my first and most probably one and only for quite smetime till i get to save fr the second one!! anyway, i am confused if i should get the 30 cm or the 35 cm, i cant try any coz there nothing right now in my hermes shop,,,,
iam 155 cm, 50 kgs,,, 5'2'' 50 kilos. i am hoping to get either a colorful bright color or black clemence i gold hardware....i like to be able to use to bag for daytime as well as evening time,,,,dinners too, i rarely wear jeans am i bit of a dressy gal:smile:)) ....PLEASE ,,I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUTS AND IDEAS , SUGGESTIONS......thank you soooo muchhhhh...