140 versus 160

Sep 27, 2006
Hi Ladies! I was just wondering what are the pros and the cons of walking in 160 over 140....I used to be a 100 or 120 girl. Now I become a 140 girl. I am able to walk with a 140 heel(with platform of course) in confidence but what about a 160? Do you think a difference of 20 mm wouldn't change anything or is there a big gap between 140 and 160?

This question is inspirated by the latest debate about getting Maggie 140 or 160....

Any opinions?;)

Last edited:
I have the old Maggie 140. I find it pretty easy to walk in these, I don't think I could say the same about 160 if I had them. I feel after a period of time walking in the 160 would get tiresome. There are a lot of styles that have recently come out that I would love to have but they are all 150 and over. And I promised myself that 140 is the limit for me. I wouldn't want to buy a pair and not wear them because of the height. So for me personally I think the difference between 140 and 160 is very noticable. If you think about it the difference between 120 and 140 is also very noticable.
Have you worn the 160 around the house for an extended period of time yet? If they feel ok for you keep them, if not go with the 140. What do you think you would feel most confident in?

^^I agree, The total height is always the heel minus the platform, so it won't make any difference! (Well, of course you will be taller but you con't notice ;))

^^Do you mean 140 with a double platform? It sometimes depends on the shoe style, if course; for example, even though the Rolando and VP are supposedly 120 w/ a single platform, the Rolando is actually higher.

Well for example I can tell the difference in my Biancas and VPs. Some 140s feel different than others. Like you said it all depends on the shoe....wether it's double platform, the pitch etc.

Last edited:
I have 100s, 120s, 140s 150s and 160s and wear them all frequently.

Okay so I can't run in anything 140 and above without looking like I'm going to fall over, and cobbles are a pain because of the platform, but they're all good to me.

Once you're used to the pitch and happy with the platform aspect then it's fine. If you're used to the pitch and can walk comfortably is something that is 140 but with the same kind of platform then I'd say you should be fine. But it's all personal at the end of the day so only you can say if you'll be happy or not.

Hope this helps

For me, there are pitch issues and then there are balance issues. Even with two shoes at the same pitch, if one is 20cm higher than the other then so are your legs, and you need to take account of that when you're walking. The higher you go the more pronunced this issue is. For example, when climbing stairs I've been known to miscalculate the step in 140s.

I have tons of 140 style like Bianca, alti, foutuna, banana. its no problem for me, but when I got a pair of 160 luly after wore it once I sold it. Its so hard to walk in, and not to mention you will get tired Literally after standing 5 mins

I have a serious issue when it comes to the 120 pitch !
I always search for the 100 or Maximum 11 height whether it is with or without Platform!
What concerns me is ( The True Height my feet are standing on ).
My everyday shoes is the Vp 120 and the Simples 70 , 85 mm. BUT >>>>>
For my Engagement shoes it was The Pigalle 120, I SWEAR after continuos standing for 30 mins long next to my fiance. I lost the feeling of my feet and the only thing i felt was a stapping-like pain :mad::mad:

Having that said, if i like a pair of shoes, i can't resist it even if it is 180 mm
but definitely i wear it less frequently or sometimes Rarely !!!!
Although i know its a waste of Money, i just feel satisfied by looking at it and happy to wear for few mins and thats just me :whiteflag:

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Sorry, I can´t help on this, I just wanted to butt in. I am still struggling to conquer 120, but I am impressed to see that you have gone from 120 to 140. It gives me hope! :smile:

Maggies are beautiful, you can´t loose either way.

Hi Ladies! I was just wondering what are the pros and the cons of walking in 160 over 140....I used to be a 100 or 120 girl. Now I become a 140 girl. I am able to walk with a 140 heel(with platform of course) in confidence but what about a 160? Do you think a difference of 20 mm wouldn't change anything or is there a big gap between 140 and 160?

This question is inspirated by the latest debate about getting Maggie 140 or 160....

Any opinions?;)

140 is an all day platform, 160 can be as well, as long as it doesn't involve constant walking. It also depends on the toe box, I find that clichy 160, and alti 160 are rather comfortable to walk in.

Any opinions?;)

Sophie, I would definitely recommend venturing off into the 160 world, because the 160 Maggie, Alti, Clichy, they all have two platforms, one visible one hidden except on the clichy where they are both hidden. Either way in essence it is as if you are walking in 120 due to the 2 20m platforms. Also, 140s are fun, cute, and chic but it doesn't compare to the beautiful high arch of a 160. It screams out sexy!

Well, I hope this was helpful!