14 year old girls at the mall wearing Chanel Cambon totes

I have to say that I am so impressed by the posts by some of the youngest members here. I wish I had been as savvy as they are when I was their ages.

I used to buy "style of" bags (sounds nicer than fake, doesn't it?) when I was younger. Ebay did not exist then and I couldn't afford the real thing at full price, not with all the money I was blowing on my horses which were my passion back then.

Nowadays I appreciate having the real things and am doing my best to supply my 20 something daughter with them also. She certainly appreciates the better workmanship and materials that go into better items. While I wouldn't have given her designer handbags as a young teen, I did buy her Ferragamo shoes, only to have a well known socialite (you would all know her name) sniff most disapprovingly at me, after she noticed what the kid was wearing, and tell me that she had the same pair. I didn't know whether to giggle or be embarrassed. As it was just outside church on Easter Sunday, I let it pass.

As much as I love the Cambons the fakes are a total turnoff. I also see a lot of students at the community college wearing very-authentic-looking fake Patent Cabas. I guess teens have to step it up to a bigger bag to carry books they'll never read.

I walked by Forever 21 last week and they have a chanel style bage in there- it looks like a white patent flap. Of course, when you actually look at it, you know it's not a chanel but man is it trying. I also have seen kiosks at the mall sell fake Cambons- they aren't even pretending to be legit.

forever 21 had to shut down over 200 locations in Europe for ripping off designers. that's all that forever 21 is, xxxy quality designer ripoffs. but im not ashamed to say i love it

watch your language please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at an upper-middle or somewhat middle class mall.

Why would you walk into Abercrombie if you wear Chanel, I just don't know... lol

I think it is perfectly fine to carry Chanel, Hermes or whatever and walk into H&M or Topshop or whatever and even to buy from those shops :P
Mixing designer clothes or accessories + cheaper clothes or accessories and vintage is so much fun and imho a good way to have your own personal style!
If you go to H&M in Paris you'll find girls/women carrying Chanel bags, shoes, CJ and sometimes RTW!

I'm kind of offended (slightly) by the judgmental tone of the OP in the first post.
Since I am pretty young myself, it kind of makes me mad when someone is quick to call on what I am wearing, etc. Especially with some sort of negative connotation to it.

I think it is perfectly fine to carry Chanel, Hermes or whatever and walk into H&M or Topshop or whatever and even to buy from those shops :P
Mixing designer clothes or accessories + cheaper clothes or accessories and vintage is so much fun and imho a good way to have your own personal style!
If you go to H&M in Paris you'll find girls/women carrying Chanel bags, shoes, CJ and sometimes RTW!

agreed! i can't be a full-on one-store wearer. i'm OCD about even wearing hollister and abercrombie togheter, since they're practically the same thing. i don't have alot but i'd never wear abercrombie jeans with a hollister shirt, it's way too much...prep, i guess.

I'm kind of offended (slightly) by the judgmental tone of the OP in the first post.
Since I am pretty young myself, it kind of makes me mad when someone is quick to call on what I am wearing, etc. Especially with some sort of negative connotation to it.

right on! :tup: i hate when people judge what i'm wearing too.
but i have to admit, when someone is wearing a fake i AM the first to point it out, and i'm not shy about it either. i feel bad about it but fakes are illegal so they deserve it, right?

i live in an area where young girls get chanels ALL THE TIME. I went clubbing not too long and saw 17 year old underaged girls ALL from the same posse using authentic chanel flaps!! i was flabbergasted because when I was 17, I was carrying GUESS not Chanel. But some people are luckier than others... overall I think the cambon chanel bags are replicated a lot, but in my case, the teeny boppers I saw were definitely using authentic bags!

Well I love love love my black Cambon, I will NEVER get rid of it or stop carrying it! I'm 25, not 14, but I see all ages carrying this bag and I think it has broad appeal. It really doesn't bother me if some have fakes, there are people with fake flaps too and fakes of pretty much any designer bag, so I really don't care.

Well I agree that more and more young, broke and savvy teenagers are "getting more for their buck" what with all the "quality" replica bag sites around. That said, there is absolutely that possibility that some of those carrying Cambon totes are carrying the real deal. And seriously, most people mix high fashion and street wear so it's definitely not surprising if they're wearing American Eagle or A&F, and carrying their favorite Chanel. Personally, I carry Chanel (all of mine were bought in the boutiques with the exception of one, my HG flap which I missed out when it was launched but I managed to snag it from a great tpf seller) and I like to mix "low fashion" with my designer togs too, nothing unorthodox about it. Anyhoo, it takes a very trained eye to pick out the fakes, that's for sure.

Well I love love love my black Cambon, I will NEVER get rid of it or stop carrying it! I'm 25, not 14, but I see all ages carrying this bag and I think it has broad appeal. It really doesn't bother me if some have fakes, there are people with fake flaps too and fakes of pretty much any designer bag, so I really don't care.

I DO care and it DOES bother me.:tdown: I didn't spend this kind of money to have everyone assume I'm carrying a fake. I have even had someone in the mall here chase me down to ask me where I bought my fake Chanel. I don't think she even believed me when I told her my bag was real. I care so much that when I saw a kiosk in the middle of my mall selling fake Chanel's, I called the mall to complain several times until they were shut down. Maybe it's just the area I'm in, but I never see fake flaps. The only fakes I see are knock-off Cambon's or some generic Chanel that is not really copying any particular Chanel style. I think the number of fake Cambon's is disgusting, which is why my Cambon is for sale on Bonanzle right now...