14 year old girls at the mall wearing Chanel Cambon totes

I was at an upper-middle or somewhat middle class mall.

Why would you walk into Abercrombie if you wear Chanel, I just don't know... lol

Why not? I had a Chanel bag my sophomore year of college... I was 19 or 20... and I still shopped at Abercrombie then. :shrugs:

Women who carry Chanel wear all different kinds of brands, especially because we span all different ages.

My DD has a Cambon bag, among others and she wears whatever brand of clothes she wants. She has even shopped at thrift stores for vintage tees, that's just her thing.
But she still loves and appreciates her authentic items I buy her also :yes

Ehh, I have to say, whenever I see a young girl wearing a Cambon tote, I always assume it's fake. I've seen very, very few real ones. The ones I always see are gross looking white on black, black on white, or black on pink. I'm not paying attention to where the person shopping, and IMO, that doesn't factor into my assessment of whether the tote is real or fake. I actually shop in some "teenagery" stores myself haha (H&M, F21, etc.). :P It's such a ubiquitous "look at me, I'm wearing a Chanel" bag (based on every 12-18 year I see wearing it) that all Cambon totes (aside from the tone on tone ones, which I rarely see and like!) are a turnoff for me. :smile:

i totally agree!! :tup: although, i do have the cambon tweed tote! but i think it's much more subtle, and not so fake-looking like the black and white ones.

Yeah I see girls like this all the time. But then again I was really young when I got my first Chanel, but it was a classic flap and not a cambon. There are so many fakes of these bags that I'm totally turned off from buying one. But the people I see carrying these bags are not always all young girls, I've seen middle aged women in their 40's as well as girls in their 20's carrying fake cambons. I also saw a lot of fake Cambons in college. Real Chanel cambon's are a rare sight (at least for me) so whenever I see a real one im surprised. What really bugs me is when these girls are toting their bags around like its the real deal!

Last edited:
That is the reason I sold my tote. Too many fakes, too many teen girls with em.

As far as clothes, its pretty simple. I wear whatever flatters me. Gap, Guess, Banana Republic, even Target has some decent summer dresses ! I like to tihnk of myself as smart shopper.
Me too!:yes: That way there is more $$$$ for Chanels.:biggrin:

Did I detect age as well as brand discrimination somewhere in the first post?

Now, I am not saying that what those girls carry are fake or not and I know that this site condemns fake and counterfeit but hey, teenage girls are teenage girls. They might not be able afford a real bag today but in 20 years time, with enough motivation, who knows? They may be carrying authentic Hermes?

As for where we shop for our garbs, it all depends on style, doesn't it? A real Chanel bag glams it all up. Just because someone carries a Chanel bag (or in my case, wears a piece of ridiculously overpriced Chanel costume jewellery) does not mean that we cannot shop in any other shop, high-end or high street. I bought a $6 tunic yesterday and it's made of such nice material and has such a cute style. It will go so well with my grey vintage ligne square box or my grey 2.55. Who cares if this tunic is only $6?

its either a fake, or there are many girls who wears their mum's handbags- even 14 year old ones.. hrrmm. u'll never know, sorry to those cambon lovers out there, but i dislike this style as it is so overly faked.. :s

i totally agree with miffy! i have to admit i dont like the cambon style, but i wouldnt really care less if a 14 year ild is carrying one. maybe they love chanel, but cant afford one yet.. or they are indeed wearing a relatives chanel.... we shud be proud owners of our bags but i dont think we shud be judging others at the same time- even if their only 14. im saying this with love :smile:

Last edited:
I've bought my Cambons because they are Trendy. I don't feel like wearing a Classic piece all the time and the Cambon Ligne works as a fun and casual alternative. I would never give up any bag I like just because there are "copies" or "fakes" of them floating about - it makes me feel even better that I KNOW I have the REAL deal. "Copies", "Fakes" - SIMULACRA, welcome to the post-post modern era. Today, every other set of breasts may be fake too...whatcha gonna do? Give up yours? Ha!

I carry Chanel, I wear Chanel, Top-Shop, Marc Jacobs, MbMJ, Commes des Garcons, Zara, Mango, Bebe, Juicy... - whatever takes my fancy, whatever looks good on me. I too have skimmed the racks of the Salvos without shame :P

i own a cambon tote and i loveee to wear abercrombie. in fact, i prefer to go shopping in abercrombie sweats, uggs and abercrombie tee's and hoodies while carrying my cambon tote. i choose to carry my cambon tote because it's my throw around bag. i may look like a bum, but my chanel sure isn't fake.

regardless of how young the girls may be, we shouldn't automatically assume it's fake. they may have rich parents or got it as a gift.

i know the way i dress, people would automatically assume my chanel/guccis/pradas are fake. it shouldn't matter what other people wear anyway. all that matters is that WE like it since it's OUR hard earned money we're spending...