14 quarantine in Korea

Vanillaluv

Jan 3, 2020
I saw a thread talking about travelling to Korea for surgery and she or he is going to do 14 days quarantine..
But what I've found was that neither tourism visa nor medical tourism visa are not acceptable.
Only business people can go to Korea after 14 days quarantine.

It's crazy..
Anyone got a visa to Korea?

Reactions: Mazikeen
I saw a thread talking about travelling to Korea for surgery and she or he is going to do 14 days quarantine..
But what I've found was that neither tourism visa nor medical tourism visa are not acceptable.
Only business people can go to Korea after 14 days quarantine.

It's crazy..
Anyone got a visa to Korea?
this would interest me too. I heard that currently no one is being allowed into Korea for the purpose of plastic surgery and that medical tourism visas are only being issued to people who need emergency medical treatment in Korea which they can`t receive in their home country. @EMS99 is currently in Korea and in quarantine and she had no problems getting in. So I`m puzzled...........:panic:

Hi, yes I traveled to South Korea for plastic surgery. I am from the US with a US citizenship & passport, so we are visa free & we are still allowed to travel to South Korea atm. I do have to go through mandatory 14 day quarantine at a government designated facility and pay out of my own pocket.

Hi, yes I traveled to South Korea for plastic surgery. I am from the US with a US citizenship & passport, so we are visa free & we are still allowed to travel to South Korea atm. I do have to go through mandatory 14 day quarantine at a government designated facility and pay out of my own pocket.

Are you able to tell us how the quarantine is, what it's like, etc? I may have to withstand the quarantine to be able to move forward with my plans. Thank you!

Are you able to tell us how the quarantine is, what it's like, etc? I may have to withstand the quarantine to be able to move forward with my plans. Thank you!

My friend came over to visit and she's been checking in before she can come to see me! There's different facilities (basically hotels) that will house you for 14 days; three meals a day wrapped in a bag that you use later to hold trash in (they also announce mealtimes so that's a plus). There's a lot of paperwork frequently (my friend says it redundant but it's always good to see stringency) that asks of any symptoms, and you complete documentation on a daily basis. Some clinics have offered to discount surgery fees for foreigners arriving as an incentive (I saw a couple walking around) so you really need to look around if you're interested in that. Best of luck!

My friend came over to visit and she's been checking in before she can come to see me! There's different facilities (basically hotels) that will house you for 14 days; three meals a day wrapped in a bag that you use later to hold trash in (they also announce mealtimes so that's a plus). There's a lot of paperwork frequently (my friend says it redundant but it's always good to see stringency) that asks of any symptoms, and you complete documentation on a daily basis. Some clinics have offered to discount surgery fees for foreigners arriving as an incentive (I saw a couple walking around) so you really need to look around if you're interested in that. Best of luck!

Thank you for the quick response. Do you get any say in what your meals are? Are they able to make special meals for someone who needs them medically?

Thank you for the quick response. Do you get any say in what your meals are? Are they able to make special meals for someone who needs them medically?

Hmm my friend never asked, most of the meals are the typical convenience store meals are ones you would get here in Korea (like ramen, dosirak, etc) but in terms of picking meals, my friend couldn't choose. I can ask her but if it's for a medical or religious purpose, I'm pretty sure they can provide such accommodations provided that you notify staff. P.S You don't get to choose your facility, they shuttle you off wherever authorities decide to put you; I would recommend bringing snacks, food, and perhaps something to pass the time since you can't leave your room for any reason (other than to drop off trash or pickup food.)

Hmm my friend never asked, most of the meals are the typical convenience store meals are ones you would get here in Korea (like ramen, dosirak, etc) but in terms of picking meals, my friend couldn't choose. I can ask her but if it's for a medical or religious purpose, I'm pretty sure they can provide such accommodations provided that you notify staff. P.S You don't get to choose your facility, they shuttle you off wherever authorities decide to put you; I would recommend bringing snacks, food, and perhaps something to pass the time since you can't leave your room for any reason (other than to drop off trash or pickup food.)

Thank you for all your information. I just wanted to ask because I do have dietary concerns. I will definitely bring things to keep myself occupied.

Convenience store meals? I thought it was room service with an a la carte menu. what about laundry? Do they provide a laundry service? Also someone mentioned in another thread that you need someone in Korea to vouch for you for the duration of your stay e.g relative or in her case the clinic vouched for her. Was this the case with your friend?

Last edited:
Convenience store meals? I thought it was room service with an a la carte menu. what about laundry? Do they provide a laundry service? Also someone mentioned in another thread that you need someone in Korea to vouch for you for the duration of your stay e.g relative or in her case the clinic vouched for her. Was this the case with your friend?
You wash your clothes in the sink and you do not get a choice of meals except for dietary restrictions. There are some accounts of complaining about the lack of food variety will get them to order something different for the day

You wash your clothes in the sink and you do not get a choice of meals except for dietary restrictions. There are some accounts of complaining about the lack of food variety will get them to order something different for the day
Thanks. Is it true that you need someone in Korea to vouch for you when you arrive before they let you in?

Are you able to order deliveries (food, basic necessities etc) yourself to your room?
Washing clothes in the sink doesn't sound pleasant...