13 Reasons Why

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
Anyone else watch it, I didn't see a thread for it! I just finished it and the first episode or two I wasn't feeling it but by the end I was crying. It was really well done and told an important story I think. Anyone else?

Reactions: reginaPhalange
Surprised there wasn't a thread on this already! I like it so far, very real outlook on high school and the bullying and gossiping that takes place. Not really hurrying to binge it all though. I'm only on episode 8?

Anyone read the book? I read it a couple of months ago when I heard Netflix was doing the series. It's not really following the book plot and I think that's what is taking me forever to finish the show.

I watched it but what the hell kind of ending was that?? So much was left unfinished!! Everyone should be making their kids watch it. So many kids go through stuff like this in high school, maybe it would make kids think twice about what they say and do.

My 14 year old sister came down to spend spring break in Miami at my place and I was watching it with her I only caught the 5th episode but it was interesting from what I saw I'll probably watch it all when I have some time

I was listening to Kate Walsh on the radio this morning and when asked about a second season she said "I don't know...." in a kind of sing song voice, to which they responded "that means you know." Nothing official out there yet but I am guessing maybe they are trying to work something up.

I loved it all the way until the ending episodes, I think I may have suffered from inflated expectations since the beginning was so strong. It had a really great message, I was just left wanting and not in the good cliffhanger way :sad:

I just finished the season. Wow. I cried a lot. I think I was affected by this so much because I have a 17 year old and, as much as I try to have open lines of communication, I know there are so many things he doesn't share with me. My heart ached for her parents. This would be my worst nightmare. I appreciated that the scenes depicting assault were raw (although very difficult to watch). I know that bullying has always existed but I do believe that it is much more difficult in today's electronic age.

I loved it all the way until the ending episodes, I think I may have suffered from inflated expectations since the beginning was so strong. It had a really great message, I was just left wanting and not in the good cliffhanger way :sad:

I agree. I loved it until the last two episodes. I'm not sure what I wanted for the end, but something about the ending didn't work for me. Some characters all of sudden had things wrapped up neatly, and with others we were left hanging. Tony's role throughout never made that much sense to me, (and casting wise, he seemed older than the others), and I hoped we would learn more about him by the end.

I agree. I loved it until the last two episodes. I'm not sure what I wanted for the end, but something about the ending didn't work for me. Some characters all of sudden had things wrapped up neatly, and with others we were left hanging. Tony's role throughout never made that much sense to me, (and casting wise, he seemed older than the others), and I hoped we would learn more about him by the end.

Definitely agree about Tony's role. What was his true relationship (if any) with Hannah? I did not read the book so maybe there are answers there. I'm guessing there might be another season but I'm not sure if that is necessary.