12A - To keep or not?

chymera

Jan 16, 2011
Hi everyone,

Im in a dilemma at the moment :sad: I love my 12a m/l to bits but I never get to use her because she's just too small! I'm the jumbo/maxi type and want to use this for most casual outings. I know I should keep her because she's rare, but I'd really like to put money towards a red jumbo.
I know most of you will tell me to sell if I'm in doubt - just not sure if I would regret it or not?!

Would love some thoughts or personal experiences on letting go of rare bags.

Thanks in advance.

K

Attachments

• image-2518218265.jpg
    image-2518218265.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 849
  • image-875074003.jpg
    image-875074003.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 838
Nooooo, keep her! She's too beautiful and looks fab on you! I'm actually the opposite from you...I bought the 12a Red jumbo and haven't worn it once, lol. But now that I see the color again, I'm thinking I should really take her out of her box. :smile:

Maybe you should take a look at the 13C Red jumbo or the one coming out in Act 2 with the gold hardware. See if those make your heart skip a beat, and if they do, maybe you should sell your 12A m/l flap to fund the Red Jumbo that you really want. IMO, 12A and 13C are quite similar in color. They just differ in leather material- 12A being iridescent caviar and 13C being lambskin. Good luck with your decision!

the bag look beautiful on you, you should keep it, or sell it to me 1/2 price please:roflmfao: i think size m/l fit perfect for your body frame. with a jumbo it will be too big, the strap are too long to wear single strap, even if you the the strap shorter it still look weird and big, not elegant at all. i think jumbo fit best for tall girls or someone with big frame.

The bag looks perfect on you! But that isn't saying much if you don't use it. I had this bag too & returned it because I bought into the hype of this red from all the pictures on here. It just didn't fit my style/lifestyle. The color was too dark, the leather too smooshy (not a fan of iridescent caviar), & the size too small. It just wasn't for me. I don't have any regrets letting this one go & I don't think you will either. You can get the same shade in the 13C jumbo, a size you'll be able to use more often. Or you can wait for the 13P red with gold hardware. Also, I prefer lambskin over iridescent caviar because I find it more structured. Chanel makes the best reds so I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Keep us posted.

chymera said:
Hi everyone,

Im in a dilemma at the moment :sad: I love my 12a m/l to bits but I never get to use her because she's just too small! I'm the jumbo/maxi type and want to use this for most casual outings. I know I should keep her because she's rare, but I'd really like to put money towards a red jumbo.
I know most of you will tell me to sell if I'm in doubt - just not sure if I would regret it or not?!

Thanks in advance.

K

Get rid of it. Who cares if it's rare if you never use it and you find it too small. Get something you love and will use, not what us TPFers love.

It's easy to get caught up in the hype here, but honestly, if you find you are not using it, that is a lot of money wasted on a bag to be sitting around.

I love lamb far more than the 12A red iridescent caviar.... And I am saying this as a owner of a 12A red kisslock. I love my kisslock, but if it came in lamb today, I would get lamb, no doubt.

It's a hard decision but she's right. If you're not using it and your heart wants something else, it's a sign. Let it go. And get the jumbo that you want. Win-win. 😉

I think you can tell from your experience of using it a little that if it's not your size, and you don't use it that often, then it's not something that will be of use to you long term. I'm sure you would be able to sell it, then you can get the jumbo. The 13C is the same shade of red, in beautiful lambskin, and it's still available (but going fast), and you would be able to have the lovely red but in the jumbo size that you really want.

I know what it's like to agonize between two bags, but in the end, you really need to go with what is best for you, what you will enjoy and use the most, and what truly makes you in love with your bag.

Hello Chymera, first of all in your beautiful petite frame, the M/L looks classy and just perfect! Second of all, 12a red is a rare and desired color. Keep it and you should use it more often. This size looks very elegant on you! You can use a Chanel or LV tote to carry the rest of your items and carry the M/L with it (since it holds little). Again it looks fantastic on you!!!
But if you are not using it, then you should get the one you want! :smile:
I personally cannot maintain lambskin with two small kids and I also wear Chanel to work and everyday (not just special occasion). So Caviar is my choice. Depends on your personal preference and lifestyle. :smile:
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

K

Last edited:
I say keep it because you love it to bits hehe. even if you get a red now in jumbo it is Lambskin and won 't use it as much causal beccause its too luxurious for everyday wear. Bag looks very good on you.