12a red or burgundy??

Hi gorgeous!!

I guess lots of girls here are hesitating to choose 12a red or burgundy m/l classic flap at the moment~So am I^^* if somebody can compare the color with pics . it woud be wonderful!! and any comments are more than welcomed!!

Thanks^^
i think it really depends on your personal taste, your wardrobe and what else you have in your collection! I love the red, I bought a 12A red Jumbo:happydance::happydance::happydance: but I love the burgundy differently. More as a classic staple than as a adrenaline pumping color! I think both colors fulfill different purposes in ones collection....personally I would like to see the m/l lambskin GHW as more of an evening piece!Pick what fills the void in your collection and represents your style, don't get carried away with what others are saying or buying.....too expensive an investment for that! You need to wear it and love it! although its fun to get opinions here at TPF, ultimately you are on your own enjoying it!

i just got the text from my trusty SA who just received a 12A Red Jumbo for me today... i am getting the 12A red jumbo...so i am a bit biased... while i do think that the 12A burgundy is lovely- i think the GHW is what makes it "special"... i must add however, that as another poster stated above- that each season Chanel comes out with new/different shades, and i have been waiting for the shade of red that is 12A for what feels like forever. I also like the fact that the 12A red is in the soft caviar as opposed to lamb or patent- it is precisely EVERYthing i was wanting in a Chanel red flap. I was sent the 11A Dark Red Jumbo in patent by my SA a few months ago, and didn't even bother taking it out of the box once i saw the color was NOT exactly what i was hoping for. I do have an 11A Burgundy half-moon WOC that is more of a dark cherry red than a purple-ish burgundy... and it is very versatile- but STILL did not give me that RED RED RED that i have been not-so patiently wanting. I only buy my bags retail, and if i lapse in staying up-to-date informed on the colors/releases each season, it seems i miss out on the HTF/ highly coveted colors. FINALLY, i can exhale and am excited that 12A jumbo will soon be in my hot little hands... good luck in choosing!

Last edited:
they r both so FAB...i own 2008 bordeaux GST's in caviar & in patent and 10C red maxi - i love both...
what made my heart stop is the gold hw on this burgundy - you have to go w your heart!
i'm going for the burgundy this season...its a great neutral for me personally...

joansie said:
they r both so FAB...i own 2008 bordeaux GST's in caviar & in patent and 10C red maxi - i love both...
what made my heart stop is the gold hw on this burgundy - you have to go w your heart!
i'm going for the burgundy this season...its a great neutral for me personally...

Joansie it's such a rich color, especially in lambskin against gold hardware(caviar gorgeous too)! Makes me think deep wines, dark wooded libraries, cognac, and horses... Don't ask why, it just does! I just got to see pic yesterday of lambskin :smile:
I can't post it, but it's stunning.
Such an elegant regal color...ivy covered walls, castles....I could go on and on!

******** ~ love all your "visions"...i havent seen burgundy in lambskin...i know thats your fav!
i gravitate to reds/borodeaux/pinks - cant get enough...cant go wrong - never met a Chanel RED i didnt love be it orange undertones to brown undertones! we're all very blessed to own these little treasures!