120mm Pigalle

rakel_elise

Jul 25, 2008
Hi guys, I just got a pair of 120mm Pigalles but I'm afraid they're a bit too small unfortunately. The length of the shoe is fine but the toe box appears to be too narrow for my foot, which causes a little spill over on the sides of my foot in that spot and scrunching above my toes...

Is this a common problem with this particular shoe? Do any of you think going up a 1/2 size would be better even tho the length of the shoe appears to be fine in this size??

Thing is I usually wear a 5.5 or a 6. I saw most people usually had to go a 1/2 size DOWN for these but this pair is a 36, which means if I go up by a 1/2 size from that I'll actually be going UP by a half or even full size than I normally wear... Maybe this shoe just won't work for my feet? So frustrating because I LOVE these.

Any help would be appreciated! (: Thanks!!

Last edited:
Yes, because the pigalle is more pointed, as laureen stated, some folks just can wear them without if feeling too tight and getting the spillover. I have a pair of the 70's that are fine, and the 120's were too painful for me. I have yet to find a pair of 100's to see if I can wear them.

It depends on the shape of the foot as well, so if you have to size up, I'm not sure why you'd worry. You should try a larger size if you can and see how it works. You might want to consider adding heel grips if they're too big lengthwise. I personally have given up this style, but make exceptions (like the Anemone). There are so many other styles I love that I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Gahhh same here! It fits PERFECTLY lengthwise, but not in the toe box... I just received mine today from Bluefly, and they don't have anymore sizes available for me to go up, so I just returned them for money back... :/

... but if they don't accept them back for some reason I suppose I'll just try stretching them out? I have no idea how that would go over...

Thats the reason why I absolutely can't wear any pigalles regardless of height. They hurt my feet too much, if I sized up, it would've been way too big and my heels would've blistered from the slippage.

The Pigalle 120 is the most challenging for me to fit. The steep angle pushes your foot forward and the low, wide vamp does not help, you'll inevitably get spill over or scrunched toes. I don't think it's the best style for me, but I had to have one. Since there is a lot of variability in CLs, I find the Pigalles (100 or 120 alike) with a higher vamp work better for me.

Just got my new Pigalle 120s from ebay!:yahoo:
Great deal although will need to get practising walking in them!!! I have one foot quite a bit bigger so have one shoe quite loose so will need to get some anti slip pads.

I have the same problem, and have just accepted that the Pigalle isn't the style for me. In the 120s I originally got a half size up, which were a bit too big length wise, and they were no better for my feet than my true size, who fits length wise.

^^Yes, it's common. I've accepted the fact that my feet really don't work for the Pigalle, although I have one pair and the Anemone.

This is exactly how I feel now that you mention it. My lace pigalle's are soo pretty to me, but I cannot walk or wear them for nothing. I tried 36, 36.5, and 37's and non of them work for me!!

I guess I can give it up because I want some black ones, but I know I cannot wear them. UUUHHG!!:crybaby:

i suspect the pigalle may actually be the same (hidden) issue as what we were discussing with the very croise sandals, only with different end results

I think those ladies with longer second toes & shorter big toes are probably easier fits for the pigalle because the extreme point of the toe box sort of fits their foot shape better? whereas those with a longer big toe may find it unpleasantly squished with their other toes? what do you ladies think?

^^That's a good theory, although in my case, my feet are just too wide for the low sides. It doesn't look like it, but the sides cut into my feet a bit, which makes them uncomfortable. They'd be better with some stretching, I think, and by that I mean flattening out the sides, if that makes sense.

I think it's a combination of the width of my feet and having short, stubby toes. My toes look mangled in the toebox. It's probably a lot worse in my own head, but when I scrutinize other people in Pigalle 120s they all look good, so I think it really is me and my deformed toes.