11P Chanel Lion Head Flaps

I just tried the silver Leo clutch today. It is gorgeous! It has a chain strap so it can be carried on the shoulder as well. I was trying to resist Spring bags but this one is just so unique and beautiful and I have been looking for a sliver bag. I agree that the clasp is hard to open and close, but I think it just takes getting used to. I will be purchasing it during the NM event next week.

The idea of buying two bags of the same design had never crossed my mind until you mentioned it. And then I thought, WTF, how many 2.55 bags in the 226 size have I got! :nuts:

So, against your advice, I am going for a jersey and a lamb. Lamb I probably will go for a red or purple.

BTW, not available in the UK yet. A friend checked for me yesterday and the SA asked him if the bag is for real.........................:lol:

It surprises me how much pf members actually know compared to some SA's. I have correct past SA's many times.

i like the quilted one a lot... prefer the chevron in a way but the leather on that one seems a bit funky/like drier than regular lamb. and i have come to realize that's not so good b/c scratches etc don't ocme out as easily...

pls5, so the leather on the chevron Leo flap is dry as well?
I haven't seen the chevron version IRL yet but I saw the quilted Leo clutches and the leather felt really dry... I was going to wait for the chevron Leo but now I'm worried if it will be dry too... :cry:

Does anybody know if the medium size is more like the M/L or E/W flap? I think the large is more like the Jumbo size, but I'm not sure about the medium.

Not sure till I see it in person but I'm gonna guess more like a medium. It doesn't look like it has the proportion of an EW. Or perhaps it might be close to one I have from few years ago.

leo04.jpg

I think the bag is a goatskin. I have a goat from 2007 collection and it looks the same if anyone remembers the La marais (sp ?) collection. I think Nordstorm is getting chevron lambskin and goatskin. I didn't know it came in satin. I am not a fan of satin. I'm surprised the boutiques or saks is not getting leathers!

Do you guys think the bag still looks "chanel" without the CC or 2.55 turnlock?? I haven't decided on the collection but i LOVE goatskin leather

I remember Le Marais bags. (Although I didn't know they were made of goatskin)

I don't think it's mentioned here but there's also a tiny handheld clutch with same Leo head detail for this season. It's like much shorter version of timeless clutch. They had it at my boutique few weeks ago and I think the leather was the same one used for the black clutch with chain. I think my SA said it's calfskin.

It was a cute little thing but kinda too small and oddly shaped, making it look more like a makeup pouch than a clutch.

Boutiques are getting leathers... Just the chevron flaps and the small clutch I mentioned above though. None of the clutch with the traditional quilting and the chain.

I think the bags look pretty much Chanel, with the quilting and the chains. And many are used to seeing Leo motif used for Chanel by now. They also use that detail for fine jewellery catalogs and the shopping bags.

I thought that the lion clasp on the chevron was beautiful when I saw it at a trunk show. However, I found that the clasp was very difficult to turn to open and close the bag.

This is interesting to hear because I assumed Leo part was just an ornamental detail, with something like a magnetic closure under. (That's how it is for Leo flap I have from past season.)

So you'd actually have to turn it around, like CC locks and mll locks? Do you have to turn the whole thing around? If so, it actually sounds cool to me!

The idea of buying two bags of the same design had never crossed my mind until you mentioned it. And then I thought, WTF, how many 2.55 bags in the 226 size have I got!

So, against your advice, I am going for a jersey and a lamb. Lamb I probably will go for a red or purple.

BTW, not available in the UK yet. A friend checked for me yesterday and the SA asked him if the bag is for real.........................

M, and I know that number would be even much higher by end of this season.

Like most seasonal bags, they hype for the lions isn't too high, at least from what I've seen through the reserve lists at my boutique. But I guess everyone is curious of the purple because that was all full. It's supposed to be dark purple though, so I don't know... I'm secretly wishing I hate it because I already spent a big portion of "Chanel fund" yesterday on something else.

I thought the color of the purple for lamb reissue this season was nice though. All the SAs in my boutique wanted me to get it, lol! I'm just not too sure about the lamb reissues though and gonna wait till purple lion arrives.

You know how London SAs are... CS sucks big time in general in London. They never seem to care if they sell or not.

I just tried the silver Leo clutch today. It is gorgeous! It has a chain strap so it can be carried on the shoulder as well. I was trying to resist Spring bags but this one is just so unique and beautiful and I have been looking for a sliver bag. I agree that the clasp is hard to open and close, but I think it just takes getting used to. I will be purchasing it during the NM event next week.

Hi! I'm very curious about the clutch because I haven't seen one in person yet. So Leo detail is actually the clasp even for the clutch? And I guess that means the whole front side of the clutch is a flap?

The pics in the forum didn't really make it looking like a flap, so I was wondering how or where to open it, lol.

So, I put myself down for the ivory (and may for the silver) clutch as well. Can someone tell me if $2200 is for the lambskin clutch version? I forgot to ask... as noted, sight unseen.

There is a small turning clasp like the cc locks. It is in the chin/mouth area of the lion.

Still sounds cool to me!:biggrin:

No, perhaps I worded that badly... I meant is the larger size the same size as a classic jumbo?? I can't get a proper idea of how big the large will be. Thanks! :biggrin:

I don't remember exact dimensions but the large sounded comparable to a jumbo classic flap. There's a modeling pic of one in the shoppin forum too. Look through SJunky's thread about the trunk show.

Yes, the whole front of the clutch is a flap and it has the turnlock closure in the lion's mouth. The silver color is just gorgeous. I will post pics after I pick up the bag next week. I'm still not sure how practical it is for me but it is too beautiful to pass up and not a bad price at $2150.

M, and I know that number would be even much higher by end of this season.

Like most seasonal bags, they hype for the lions isn't too high, at least from what I've seen through the reserve lists at my boutique. But I guess everyone is curious of the purple because that was all full. It's supposed to be dark purple though, so I don't know... I'm secretly wishing I hate it because I already spent a big portion of "Chanel fund" yesterday on something else.

I thought the color of the purple for lamb reissue this season was nice though. All the SAs in my boutique wanted me to get it, lol! I'm just not too sure about the lamb reissues though and gonna wait till purple lion arrives.

You know how London SAs are... CS sucks big time in general in London. They never seem to care if they sell or not.

Hi! I'm very curious about the clutch because I haven't seen one in person yet. So Leo detail is actually the clasp even for the clutch? And I guess that means the whole front side of the clutch is a flap?

The pics in the forum didn't really make it looking like a flap, so I was wondering how or where to open it, lol.

Is the NM event your referring to a giftcard event? My SA told me a few months back that the soonest they would have giftcard event would be March, but I haven't received anything about it yet if happening. I received the packet with several different cards or whatever about the various promos this month, but if my memory serves me well they were for like apparel? Please advise what promo your referring to. TIA!

Is the NM event your referring to a giftcard event? My SA told me a few months back that the soonest they would have giftcard event would be March, but I haven't received anything about it yet if happening. I received the packet with several different cards or whatever about the various promos this month, but if my memory serves me well they were for like apparel? Please advise what promo your referring to. TIA!

6 months equal payments no interest and a gift with purchase (Ippolita silver bracelet). This time, Chanel is excluded from the tiered GC. HTH!