11P Chanel Lion Head Flaps

NM did not order the chevron flap just the satin evening bag.

Saks ordered the flap in black and red lambskin. I believe the small is $2800 and large is $3000.

Boutique ordered the large size in black, purple, and orange. I'm on waitlist for all three colors because I'm not sure which color will appeal to me. So far none has arrived yet and my SA thinks it will start to roll in later this month. HTH

Amazing, thanks for all the info!! Oh how I wish I lived in the US sometimes!! The SAs in the UK seem so uninformed and sometimes just plain unhelpful. I called all the boutiques today and got different stories from each one. I NEED this bag!!

NM did not order the chevron flap just the satin evening bag.

Saks ordered the flap in black and red lambskin. I believe the small is $2800 and large is $3000.

Boutique ordered the large size in black, purple, and orange. I'm on waitlist for all three colors because I'm not sure which color will appeal to me. So far none has arrived yet and my SA thinks it will start to roll in later this month. HTH

Is the satin evening bag NM is gettin a clutch or shoulder bag? How does the satin wear?

Are the boutiques getting lambskin, jersey or satin? I called and believe they said satin in shoulder bags. I was going to call again to confirm. Thanks for the info.

Here is my intel...

Called a NJ boutique today. Was told the larger boutiques will get blue with red piping in matte jersey at $2100 (on Chanel's website). In leather, they are getting pink, red and black at $2800. Smaller stores would have to order for you from the larger stores.

I went to NYC Saks. They had the satin evening clutch in beige. By tomorrow they should have black and red satin shoulder bags. they will also get off-while leather for $2100 (I believe). Size sounds similar to the summer flap, maybe a bit larger. They didn't tell me that other Saks stores are getting a different variety. From page 1 it sounds like other Saks are getting different varieties.

I am not thrilled with the satin. Anyone have thoughts on how the satin wears and its durability?

Thanks for the intel!!!!!!

Satin is gorgeous, but SUPER fragile. My satin clothes get snagged quite easily just with fingernails. So while gorgeous, I stopped buying satin clothing unless it's washed satin. So for bags, I would imagine the same thing applies....the corners will be destroyed I believe.

I've got a Satin bag from Paris Shanghai-collection. And it's not as fragile as it looks like.
My SA told me it's made of silk and polyester - the bag shouldn't be encounter the rain. But I use it as an everday-bag. And it still looks like brand new.

^^ I'd love to see purple but I don't think there are any pics of this colour as yet...I was told it's a blue/purple....sounds pretty just hope it's not too dark...

attachment.php

Courtesy of chanelee's Nordies SA. It looks like aged calfskin?! Or is it meant to be washed lamb?

I also wonder how big they are.