11 year old is a mother-to-be!

This is one of the saddest stories I've ever heard!!!! Disturbing on so many levels! The ignorance is amazing! Crazy to think that when she is 31, she will have a 20 year old! I'm sure we will all be praying for her and the baby!!!

sarahcantiik said:
WTF? A 5 yr old pregnant? Did she have her period at 3? :shocked:

The youngest mother on record gave birth at age five. At five, the child was menstruating (she had been menstruating since she was three) and had developed breasts. I guess it was a case of precocious puberty. Obviously someone raped the poor kid, and she gave birth to a little boy.

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

love said:
Girl, 11, will be Britain's youngest mother

By IAN DRURY, Daily Mail 08:52am 12th May 2006
A girl is to become Britain's youngest mother after becoming pregnant at 11. The girl smokes 20 cigarettes a day despite being eight months' pregnant. She conceived aged 11 when she lost her virginity to a boy of 15 on a drunken night out with friends.
The 15-year-old has since been charged with rape by police, and is due to appear again at Edinburgh sheriff court on July 10.
Her 34-year-old mother, who gave birth to her youngest child eight months ago, said she was 'proud' of her daughter.
She will be 12 years and 8 months when she has the child next month. Jenny Teague, Britain's youngest mother until now, was a month older when she gave birth in 1997.
The youngster, who lives near Edinburgh, says looking after her younger brothers has prepared her for motherhood.
But the girl admits she "panics and cries" when babies are unwell and does not feel able to bathe them.
The mother-to-be, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had unprotected sex with the teenage boy, who also cannot be identified, while drunk last August.
'Excited'
She told the Sun: "I didn't think I'd get pregnant because it was my first time. But I'm really excited and looking forward to being a mum.
"I can't wait to take the baby swimming and out for walks in the pram. I think I'll be able to cope as I've had lots of practice looking after my brothers.
"I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies. But I panic and cry if they're sick and I don't like giving them a bath because I'm a bit frightened.
"It's good to know I'll have my mum here to help me if I need her."
Concerned she might be pregnant, the girl visited a GP three times but tests proved negative. She learned the truth after buying a home-testing kit from a supermarket.
After the device displayed two blue lines, indicating she was pregnant, she pleaded with a female relative to break the news to her mother. The girl, who has been suspended from her first year of secondary school for fighting, said: "I was paranoid about what my mum was going to say and just frightened about being pregnant too.
"I knew straight away that I couldn't have an abortion because that's something I don't believe in.
"I was upset and so was my mum, especially as she'd just had my wee brother. We had a big argument and I ended up locking myself in my room and running away to a friend's.
"It was really hard but it's brought me and my mum closer, which is good. I knew my mum would stand by me no matter what, but I told her straight away I was going to keep the baby.
"The social worker suggested I got rid of it but I'd never do that."
Smoking at nine
The girl, who has shoulder-length dark hair, began smoking at nine and started drinking tonic wine and vodka cocktails at ten. She claimed her cigarette habit was not harming the health of her unborn child.
She said: "I can give up smoking at any time, but I don't find it affects my pregnancy."
The girl, whose parents split up several years ago, said she would like a baby boy - and may call him Leo.
She is currently being educated at a local community centre but knows she must return to school.
She told the Sun: "My mum has said she will look after the baby so I can go to school. I don't know what I want to do with my life when I leave. I used to want to be a nursery nurse, but now I'm not so sure."
'Proud of my daughter'
Her mum said: "I'm not ashamed of my daughter at all - in fact, I'm proud of her for keeping the baby.
"I know she's worried what other people will say but she can walk out there with her head held high.
"At first I wasn't too happy about becoming a gran. But now I'm used to the idea. I'm really looking forward to having another baby in the house."
The Scottish Conservatives has called for society and families to unite to change attitudes towards sex following the news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/healthmain.html?in_article_id=385968&in_page_id=1774&in_a_source=&ct=5

There are no words... :cry:
:shocked::Push::noggin:

I think this is disgusting. All these people saying poor girl etc.. but she knew exactly what she was doing. Im still at school *well 6th form im 17* and i see girls like her every day and they are horrible people. They dont care about anybody but themself and take the p:censor: out of others lead them astray.

I will sound like a hypocrite here as my best friend had a child 2 months short of her 17th birthday but i think this is so selfish and irresponsible. Also im in two minds about the mother. One the one had these types of girl do not listen to anybody so the mother couldnt do or say anything to stop the girl having sex but on the other hand the mother is probably one who let her child roam the streets till all hours every night, i mean letting her smoke 20 a day and giving her alcohol at 11! fair enought the odd white wine spritzer with a meal or something like my mum does with my sister who is 11 but not vodka cocktails!

Would also like to comment one somebody saying she seems like a nice girl, she seems like a cocky little ***** who needs a good slap and to be kicked into shape!! i mean FOR GODS SAKE SHES 11 YEARS OLD!!! *that last bit wasnt aimed at anybody but this stupid cow who got herself pregnant*

Im sorry for being hypocritical and yes my best friend was stupid aswell getting pregnant but hey its life and ive fully supported her along with her family but she wasnt expelled in year 7 for fighting :oh:

another comment quickly, i think the reason the mother is supportive is the fact there will be more benefits coming into the house now. Yer i am being a ***** but im right.

This is awful. I feel bad for the baby. But what the heck was an 11 yr old oing out like that anyway? I don't know but I stay at home with my daughter she for sure won't be allowed to run around by herself at 11.

This is so sad, but I keep thinking of Vicki Pollard (for those of you familiar with Little Britain) when I read this. I don't know why. Oh well, the damage has already been done, so they should try to do the best with the situation, but the mothers right to be a parent/guardian for the 11-year old should be seriously reconsidered, I don't think a person is fit for parenthood if they let their 11-year old smoke, drink and get pregnad (okay, you can't keep an eye on your child all the time, but at least preach safe sex!), so I think this 11-year old would have been better off in a foster home with the baby and *responsible* adults to help her along.

That is so sad. My daughter is 12 and the only baby she wants is a stuffed animal from Build A Bear. Thank goodness. I'd like to preserve her innocence as long as I possibly can - like 48!