11 months post Double Jaw Surgery and Vline at The Face Dental

I want to have a chin like Park Min Young Korean artist, is it dramatic vline or natural look ?
It also depends on your current face. Do you have wide, square jaws? If you communicate well with the surgeon what you want and bring photos of Park Min Young then I think any doctor can manage. Imo Park Min Young is natural with just some more glam. Dramatic is like those Instagram popular Korean girls.

next year I'm planning two jaw surgery because my chin is long and forward so my lower teeth are more advanced than the upper teeth and I'm 18 years old next year. I've consulted with the agency and I was advised to go to id hospital (Dr. Sang hoon park) and view the hospital (Jeong jin wook). This confused me so I looked for forums or people who reviewed and shared their experiences. at that time I asked the agency that handled me and I said that id hospital seems like there are cases like a shadow doctor and the person who handled me said that he would accompany me and enter the operating room to make sure that there was no shadow doctor. what do you think? better ID hospital or view hospital or EU dental or the face dental? I want to find a place that is really good because this operation is also very expensive for me so I am looking for one that is really worth it for me to get. Has anyone had surgery with these 2 doctors? if there is please tell me the experience because it really helped me. Initially, I wanted to go to the face dental but when I searched the forums some people were also not satisfied with the face dental results. and I also read EU dental and some people are not satisfied or not by what they imagine. So I became very confused about which clinic was good or which had very few cases.
Avoid ID clinic and Dr. Oh Regen. Many botched surgeries. 18 is very young and your bone structure is still developing. I would advise you to wait until 21/22 at least before considering DJS. Also please consult with an Orthodontist and get a 3D imaging to be sure that DJS is the best option for you. Sliding genioplasty would be a less invasive option to DJS.

Don't go with agency!!!! They overcharge you!!! You should come join our kakaotalk groups. My ID is hello3San.
Big hospitals like ID, View pay those agencies and overcharge you to bring their foreign customers. Are you going alone? If not, i wouldn't recommend going with agency as that's a rip off.

For the results with DJS, are you looking for dramatic Instagram Vline or more natural look? Most patients who are disappointed with TFD are because TFD goes for natural look and they wanted very V shape. Since DJS is unlike any other plastic surgery , I'd recommend you go to specialized oral and maxillofacial surgeons like TFD, EU, Zeah Dental, ZUM instead of all-in-one places like ID or View. ID is actually blacklisted among us Kakao groups so if you do want to choose them, I'd say proceed with caution and ask for CCTV footage of your surgery. Ask their revision policy if anything goes wrong. For View's double jaw results, check out YouTuber BeautywithEmilyFox. I didn't like her result which is why I personally didn't go with View. But if you like that then you can consider view. Also you seem to have bite issues so I really think specialized dental clinics are better.

Don't go with agency!!!! They overcharge you!!! You should come join our kakaotalk groups. My ID is hello3San.
Big hospitals like ID, View pay those agencies and overcharge you to bring their foreign customers. Are you going alone? If not, i wouldn't recommend going with agency as that's a rip off.

For the results with DJS, are you looking for dramatic Instagram Vline or more natural look? Most patients who are disappointed with TFD are because TFD goes for natural look and they wanted very V shape. Since DJS is unlike any other plastic surgery , I'd recommend you go to specialized oral and maxillofacial surgeons like TFD, EU, Zeah Dental, ZUM instead of all-in-one places like ID or View. ID is actually blacklisted among us Kakao groups so if you do want to choose them, I'd say proceed with caution and ask for CCTV footage of your surgery. Ask their revision policy if anything goes wrong. For View's double jaw results, check out YouTuber BeautywithEmilyFox. I didn't like her result which is why I personally didn't go with View. But if you like that then you can consider view. Also you seem to have bite issues so I really think specialized dental clinics are better.
Hi I have added you On kaokao can you please send me links to groups please I am new and researching I want to get facial surgieries done to slim my face thank you

Hi thanks for this, its useful to know! I'm looking at getting two jaw and genioplasty for open bite and long face and also considering The Face Dental. Can I ask if you are from Korea, or did you travel there from a different country? If so, how long was it before you could get on a flight home? Also, on the nose point, did your nose not change at all due the surgery? My nose changing shape is one of my biggest concerns about double jaw surgery so did the alar cinch that prevent it changing at all or is the change just minimal? My final question is a bit stupid, but how exactly did you start the conversation off on kakao with the clinics? i.e did you send photos in the first message or was it more informal?
Thanks!

Hey, I don't think you read my post carefully. I wrote in capital letters that your nose will change with your upper jaw movements. Some people don't mind the change but to me it's very significant.

I travelled to Korea from US and due to other surgeries I stayed there for like 1.5 months but if you're only doing DJS then you can stay 3 weeks IMO. Some even only stay 2 weeks.

For The Face Dental, it's best to contact Dr Lee directly through Facebook messenger but other clinics I got the kakao profile from our other kakao group chats where girls share their experiences and pass on info. Some clinics do it informal while others do it formal but the important point is to get information through so it doesn't matter whether you want to say formal or informal. You're the customer after all. You should send photos though otherwise how can they analyze you right?

Sorry, I don't think I was very clear with my question about the nose. I was basically wondering if you could provide more detail about how exactly your nose did change now that you are nearly 1 year post op. You said above that usually noses shape changes with DJS and I knew that, but I was wondering how exactly did yours change in the end with the alar cinch? Is it wider, or more upturned, are you happy with it?
Thanks about your answers to the other questions.

I didn't get alar cinch because I expected I won't like my nose afterwards and am planning rhinoplasty already. So I went into surgery with plans to do rhinoplasty afterwards.

My upper jaw got shortened and pushed forward so my nose is upturned and nostrils got flared up. My nostrils are much bigger and wider now that I'll definitely need alarplasty. If your upper jaw is moved back then your nose won't be upturned. So you get what I mean, depending on how your upper jaw moves your nose will flared up or not. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much, this was helpful to know. May I ask what other surgeries you got in Korea? I want to get others as well but DJS is my priority and I'm not sure what surgeries are safe to get at the same time. I also want to get a forehead reduction and facial fat transfer to my cheeks.

Sure I'm happy to help. I think you can get forehead reduction before your double jaw surgery. After double jaw surgery, you can't open your mouth so you can't do other surgeries because they'll need to have tubing through your mouth during surgery. So facial fat graft will have to wait at least 6 months after double jaw surgery for your face to deswell and accurate grafting to be done to your face.

has anyone gotten their money back from a DJS at the face dental? i had an immediate relapse bc of a bad joint. he noticed my right condyle was smaller and he was weary, but he operated on me anyways and now im worse off and in pain. he's really sweet and said he'll reoperate on me again 13 days po to reposition the jaws without cutting, but im sort of terrified. i dont think he has very good understanding of my joint issue. i just sort of want some of my money back so that I can get it fixed in the states. what is my recourse?

Reactions: Simplemari
Has anyone gotten their money back from a DJS or any other operations at the face dental or any other clinic for an unsuccessful surgery? I had an immediate relapse bc of a bad joint. He did notice that my right condyle was smaller beforehand, but he operated on me anyways and now I'm worse off and in pain. He's a really sweet doctor and said he'll re-operate on me again 13 days PO to reposition the jaws without cutting, but I'm sort of terrified. I'm not sure he has very good understanding of my joint issue (which is kind of uncommon). I just sort of want some of my money back so that I can get it fixed in the states. What is my recourse? Any advice?! Should I just ask for some of my money back?

Reactions: showledger2