"11" Lines between brows

Aug 14, 2006
So, years of frowning thanks to stress and not wearing my glasses, has resulted in vertical lines between my eyebrows. They're not always visible, but I can feel them and it's starting to bother me. What are some ways to get rid of these? Is Botox the only way to go? Does anyone have any success stories with getting rid of these lines either with Botox or something else?

I've never had Botox and I'm so nervous about it... 1) I'm terrified of needles, and 2) I don't want that frozen face look, I just want to look fresh and not look like I'm frowning. However, I'm 32 so I want to get on this as soon as I can so that it doesn't get worse.

Thanks in advance!

I think Botox is the only way to temporarily fix the 11. I guess it's preventive too. I've never had it done but I hear it works well on the 11 area as that part of the face doesn't need to move so it won't look "frozen"

Reactions: absolutpink
I experimented with this area as a prevention. I don't know of any other way to stop the wrinkle. I didn't have the permanent wrinkle, I just started to notice that as I entered the big 3-0, my face wrinkles more when I move the muscle... I don't deal with change very well :smile:
My dr put just a bit of Botox, so IMO I didn't look frozen but then again my forehead and brow area didn't wrinkle up when I glared.. however, I have to add that I didn't care if it was frozen or not, that's sort of the point of using Botox lol..
The only downside for me is that Botox is expensive and now that I've done it and love the results, I want to keep doing it..

In the same boat, I've started getting the tiny wrinkles from squinting, 11 and a horizontal on the bridge of the nose... I've done my research, If you only inject this tiny area, it is not considered a full botox treatment, it is a mini botox, and it is very affordable. The good thing is that that it goes away eventually, in case you don't like it. The downside for me is that there are no long term studies on botox, and I'm afraid of how it can affect one's long term health, after all it is a toxin injected.

The second best option if fillers like hyaluronic acid, which is harmless.

I've had botox for the 11's and forehead. It worked well. Some doctors inject and cause your brows come down and your eyes look hooded until it wears off. I found a dermatologist who does it very well and there isn't any adverse look. He also injected some Juvederm last time for the 11's, and that really worked well. I'd never consider anyone who wasn't an MD to do it.

I've had botox for the 11's and forehead. It worked well. Some doctors inject and cause your brows come down and your eyes look hooded until it wears off. I found a dermatologist who does it very well and there isn't any adverse look. He also injected some Juvederm last time for the 11's, and that really worked well. I'd never consider anyone who wasn't an MD to do it.

I second this... there are plenty of deals at the medical spas but I don't touch them. My dr is not only a surgeon he's a bit of an artist... I feel like the bad botox jobs are from people who try to cut corners.

In the same boat, I've started getting the tiny wrinkles from squinting, 11 and a horizontal on the bridge of the nose... I've done my research, If you only inject this tiny area, it is not considered a full botox treatment, it is a mini botox, and it is very affordable. The good thing is that that it goes away eventually, in case you don't like it. The downside for me is that there are no long term studies on botox, and I'm afraid of how it can affect one's long term health, after all it is a toxin injected.

The second best option if fillers like hyaluronic acid, which is harmless.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was your treatment / for the mini botox?

This is just my observation but even the medi spa doctors don't do that great of a job. I know of one personally (friend of a friend), he gets the instagram models to come in for free fillers/botox in exchange for publicity but they look terrible....

Interesting! Thanks for letting me know this stuff, I would have had no idea... one of the ones close to my house is a doctor and he does get the IG models in so that's good to know.

Reactions: bisousx
IMO plastic surgeon is overboard just for botox. I don't think the extra cost to see a plastic surgeon for botox is worth it. It's just injections. The injector has to know facial anatomy so I'd stick with an MD. A med spa doc or cosmetic dermatologist likely performs botox injections more often than a plastic surgeon. As long as you go to an experienced injector (check yelp reviews), you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I didn't get a botox treatment, but the offered price I got for mini botox for such tiny area is less than 200 euros. The lowest offer I got was 85. At dermatology and plastic surgery clinic.
Full face and neck, anything from 1,000 to 350 euros.

Reactions: bisousx