10 years only?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I got a vintage Randonee from an antique auction and wanted to get the straps changed because it had a few cracks. I went up to the store and my SA said that they cannot accept any bags thats 10 yrs or older. That sounds strange because it was the first time I heard anything about it:shrugs:. Is it true though :confused1:

2. Go to www.louisvuitton.com and then to the SERVICES section and then under About Leather Goods Services -> Leather Goods FAQ and you will find your answer.

3. Unless I am missing it (in the USA section), I don't read anything that says there is an age limit?

4. I don't think its an age limit. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they can fix anything that is discontinued...

5. It most likely due to the "it had a few cracks" ... as that LV will not repair anything if there are cracks. And I believe the Randonnée is no longer made (don't quote me on this though), so that would fall under the discontinued portion.

6. thanks macska, now I get it. Time frames are clearly stated, hard sided luggage=no limit, soft luggage and briefcases=15yrs, small leather goods and bags=10yrs, louis vuitton cup leather goods=5 yrs and seasonal bags are 3 yrs. I guess this is something to keep in mind when purchasing Vuitton.

7. thats sucks, i thought there is no limit on changing straps , thats really really sucks!

8. Well, depending on what kind of strap - like the ones that you can take off (i.e. on small bucket, etc.) - you can probably buy those

9. I am not aware with luggages but 10 years is what I have been told for bags.

10. I think ten years is reasonable.