10 years only?

hermesh

Aug 5, 2008
I got a vintage Randonee from an antique auction and wanted to get the straps changed because it had a few cracks. I went up to the store and my SA said that they cannot accept any bags thats 10 yrs or older. That sounds strange because it was the first time I heard anything about it:shrugs:. Is it true though :confused1:

macska

O.G.
Sep 19, 2008
World Traveller
It most likely due to the "it had a few cracks" ... as that LV will not repair anything if there are cracks. And I believe the Randonnée is no longer made (don't quote me on this though), so that would fall under the discontinued portion.

hermesh

Aug 5, 2008
thanks macska, now I get it. Time frames are clearly stated, hard sided luggage=no limit, soft luggage and briefcases=15yrs, small leather goods and bags=10yrs, louis vuitton cup leather goods=5 yrs and seasonal bags are 3 yrs. I guess this is something to keep in mind when purchasing Vuitton.

underthesky

I love my life
Jan 23, 2009
thanks macska, now I get it. Time frames are clearly stated, hard sided luggage=no limit, soft luggage and briefcases=15yrs, small leather goods and bags=10yrs, louis vuitton cup leather goods=5 yrs and seasonal bags are 3 yrs. I guess this is something to keep in mind when purchasing Vuitton.
I am not aware with luggages but 10 years is what I have been told for bags.