10 years on Ebay & filed my first SNAD

Mar 28, 2007
I posted last week or so about some earrings that were advertised as new etc... when I got them one of them was missing the CHANEL makers mark, the other had a crystal that appeared to be reglued... I was hesitant to complain & decided that I could basically live with it & like my Mom used to say "if I can't say anything nice I won't say anything at all."

But then I started getting emails from the seller, almost demanding that I leave her feedback. Well instead of leaving a neg or neutral w/out warning I decided to email her back & explain that I was not really pleased with the condition of the earrings and for the price (retail) I'd paid, I really had expected them to be in the condition that was described in the auction = pristine.

I figured she'd offer me something, even an apology. But basically I was told that because she'd purchased them from another ebayer she wasn't responsible for the condition?! Well, first of all, when you list something, it is your responsibility to accurately describe them.. not to mention that if she bought them second hand how can she possible advertise them as BRAND NEW Never Used?!? No apology, let alone offering me a partial refund as compensation or allowing me to return them.

So I filed a SNAD... Was I wrong?!

$250... I wish I'd just driven the hour to my nearest Boutique & paid the $260+tax they would have cost me new. Lesson learned!
Well once you get your money back for these you can go get a new pair. Its annoying how ebay makes us do this. I have started preferring to buy from stores too. It costs more but it keeps my collection down which is a good thing as my poor closets are bursting :smile:

But basically I was told that because she'd purchased them from another ebayer she wasn't responsible for the condition?! Well, first of all, when you list something, it is your responsibility to accurately describe them.. not to mention that if she bought them second hand how can she possible advertise them as BRAND NEW Never Used?!? No apology, let alone offering me a partial refund as compensation or allowing me to return them.

So I filed a SNAD... Was I wrong?!

I will never understand some of these sellers. :confused1: They think just because they bought something on ebay they can resell the item and they are not responsible for the condition of the item. Ebay always tells you that as the seller you ARE responsible for the condition of the item and you need to list it accordingly. I wonder if they think that you won't notice the condition when you get them!!!! For a super good deal like $40 I could understand it but not when you're talking about hundreds of dollars. It's just wrong not to disclose the true condition of an item.

You were absolutely 100% right in filing the SNAD. I hope you are able to get a partial refund or return them whichever you eventually choose. Keep us posted!!

I bet the seller wishes she didn't rudely demand feedback from you (I never understand why a seller would go that route). Good luck with this and I hope that you get your money back - what a hassle!

the same thing happen to me , i bought a bag that was suppose to be brand me when i got it it was not new so i email her and she said she purchase from a seller on ebay and the seller stated it was brand new so that what she listed it has because she didint use it. I am so tried of Ebay right about now that i am willing to just buy my item from the store directly. Its too stress and frustrating.

I, too am tired of ebay. I get so many things that are not described very well. I am not thrilled with at least 60% of the things I have gotten.
Escalate it right now!

I got this BS response from her.. she shifted her story.. she contridicts herself repeatedly.. I could go on..
So I escalated it. In my response I pointed out each & every inconsistency (about 6 of them). So let's wait & see.....