10 Must-Drives in 2007 *pics*

maxter

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006

1_0108feat.jpg
2_0108feat.jpg

Aston Martin V-8 Vantage convertible
The British automaker recently unveiled this stunning, drop-top version of its entry-level V-8 Vantage two door. Aston designed the Vantage to challenge Porsche's iconic 911 sports car. The hand-built interior will feature the finest leather and wood available.

Audi R8 coupe
Fellow German automakers Mercedes and Porsche have built six-figure supercars in recent years, and now Audi is joining the club. The 2008 Audi R8 coupe will have a 420-horsepower V-8 engine and cost $120,000 to $130,000. The car also uses a lightweight, aluminum body and full-time all-wheel drive.

3_0108feat.jpg
4_0108feat.jpg

Bentley Azure convertible
Bentley's new Azure is a convertible version of the company's full-size Arnage flagship sedan, a vehicle which costs over $200,000. The Azure's clubroom-like interior features wood veneers and rugs made of lamb's wool.

Cadillac CTS sedan
Cadillac's overhauled, entry-level CTS sedan is humble compared with many of the cars on this list (it starts around $30,000) but could become a threat to the best-selling luxury car of all: BMW's 3 Series.

5_0108feat.jpg
6_0108feat.jpg

Lexus LS Hybrid sedan
A gas/electric hybrid, this full-size luxury sedan will have a combined horsepower of 430, more than a Corvette. It's also one of two cars offered this year with LED headlights (the other, Audi's R8, is also on our list).

Maybach 62 S sedan
Maybach's new 62 S, a hot-rod version of the company’s flagship, $390,000 62, will feature a souped-up, 604-hp V-12 engine that can propel the car from zero to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds. Certain design elements set the 62 S apart from the regular 62, such as a more stylized grille, chrome-trimmed fog lights and carbon-fiber interior trim.

7_0108feat.jpg
8_0108feat.jpg

Mercedes-Benz CL63 AMG coupe
Mercedes will improve on its $100,000 CL-Class flagship with the introduction of the CL63 AMG hot-rod version. The CL63 will feature a 518-hp version of AMG's new, 6.3-liter engine. What's more, the CL's front seats come with massage capabilities.

Nissan GT-R coupe
Nissan will not disclose the price or engine specifications of its forthcoming GT-R supercar. It is only saying that this long-awaited dream machine will show up at October’s Tokyo Motor Show.
9_0108feat.jpg
10_0108feat.jpg

Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead convertible
The company's only convertible has two suicide doors and a soft top (bucking a trend in which all luxury convertibles seem to have retractable hardtops).

Volvo S80 sedan
The S80 is the first Volvo sedan with a V-8 engine--a near-requirement for premium automobiles. And since Volvo is all about safety, enhancements to the new S80 include smarter airbag design and a blind-spot information system, in which cameras near the outside mirrors detect vehicles that might be in a blind spot. The system then relays the information to the driver.

1_0108feat.jpg

Aston Martin V-8 Vantage convertible
The British automaker recently unveiled this stunning, drop-top version of its entry-level V-8 Vantage two door. Aston designed the Vantage to challenge Porsche's iconic 911 sports car. The hand-built interior will feature the finest leather and wood available.

MMMM............... now that is giving me some dirty thoughts....... :nuts: ;) :supacool:

Just gorgeous!!!!

I'll show this to PHH. I just got this emailed from him - guess what he's "playing with" this weekend?

bendrivinghm3.jpg

Yes, this is PHH - on a circuit in the UK. He said he was going to give the thumbs up but was too scared to take his hands off the wheel at 150 m/h. Notice how he's looking at the camera????

I know Megs!!!! I'm so jealous. Today they've driven a Jag XKR, Porsche 911 JP3, Formula Palmer Audi, Renault Clio Racer, Palmer Jaguar JP1, a Caterham Superlight and did some crazy 4WD track. I think they're going to make this a regular event so next time I'm going to go (although secretly I think I'd rather put the money towards a nice bag).

Thanks, Maxter--strangely, my Toyota minivan isn't in there.:graucho:

Funny story--I heard a lady complaining about the price of gas, then saw her get into her Bentley. If you drive one of those, is the cost of gas really a problem?