10 motif Alhambra- daily wear?

Diamondbirdie

Jun 17, 2015
I was planning to buy a Vintage Alhambra MOP pendant but have the opportunity to buy a 10 motif yellow gold necklace. I'm just a bit worried this might not be suitable for wearing every day- I'm pretty much a jeans/t shirt person most of the time.

What do the rest of you think- do you wear VCA say, going shopping or collecting children from school? I should add that no-one in my circle will recognise the design!

Perfect for every day!! You will find that the vintage Alhambra ten motif looks great with a t shirt and jeans. Yg is a wonderful, classic choice. It's durable for every day but will also look nice with a dress. You can later add another 10 motif and clip them together to wear long.
After collecting quite a bit of VCA over the past few years I was a bit surprised to learn that VCA considers vintage Alhambra everyday jewelry. Not "high jewelry" at all.
So you can confidently enjoy your necklace knowing that you are enjoying it as intended. ❤️💕🍀🌸

I just wanted to chime in here because I just purchased a vintage alhambra 10 motif necklace in yellow gold/mother of pearl and have found it somewhat difficult to integrate into my daily wardrobe. I am a very casual dresser (from southern california) and am usually wearing jeans or a sundress. Maybe some of the other ladies could share how they wear their 10 motif necklaces casually so we can get some ideas?

I was planning to buy a Vintage Alhambra MOP pendant but have the opportunity to buy a 10 motif yellow gold necklace. I'm just a bit worried this might not be suitable for wearing every day- I'm pretty much a jeans/t shirt person most of the time.

What do the rest of you think- do you wear VCA say, going shopping or collecting children from school? I should add that no-one in my circle will recognise the design!

I literally wear my YG 10 motif Every. Single. Day. Playing tennis... Working... With jeans, t and fleece... Dressed up. Because it doesn't have any stones it is an incredibly versatile basic. I have been lucky enough to collect many other stones now and hands-down this is the one I wear most and it is the easiest to wear. My Alhambra single pendants do not get nearly as much use. HTH!!!

Yep, that's exactly where I wear it....every day! I have carnelian but would not hesitate with any 10-motif. You've just gotta "own" it, even with jeans, a tee and a baseball cap or that Lululemon look ([emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]) it can work!

I agree with the ladies here, you can wear it everyday. I wear 20 motif with jeans. What's so nice about Alhambra is that you can go either way, dressy or casual. I'm going to work in diamond motifs into everyday wear... [emoji16]
I'm excited for you either way, keep us posted.

Oh yes you can!! Alhambra range has the unique quality to be as casual or formal according to clothing and is at home in both ways!! I love the thought of 10 motif with jeans and t-shirt, running errands, picking kids..or with a lbd at a Christmas party. You will rock it!!

I just wanted to chime in here because I just purchased a vintage alhambra 10 motif necklace in yellow gold/mother of pearl and have found it somewhat difficult to integrate into my daily wardrobe. I am a very casual dresser (from southern california) and am usually wearing jeans or a sundress. Maybe some of the other ladies could share how they wear their 10 motif necklaces casually so we can get some ideas?

Just wear it.
You will find that once you get used to it you will feel lost without your necklace...
A ten motif looks best with a crew neck (vs a v-neck) t shirt. Save the single pendant for those.
For Summer, I really like strapless dresses by Nui (solid colors..black, navy) and it really doesn't get much more casual that that.
One of my summer uniforms is a strapless sundress (these are long and cut from jersey), hair pulled back, sandals and a 10 motif which really adds polish...

Just wear it.
You will find that once you get used to it you will feel lost without your necklace...
A ten motif looks best with a crew neck (vs a v-neck) t shirt. Save the single pendant for those.
For Summer, I really like strapless dresses by Nui (solid colors..black, navy) and it really doesn't get much more casual that that.
One of my summer uniforms is a strapless sundress (these are long and cut from jersey), hair pulled back, sandals and a 10 motif which really adds polish...

Thanks for the tips! I agree that the 10 motif looks better with crew necks and your summer uniform sounds so polished yet easy/casual! I love it!

I absolutely do! Alhambra is one of the best High/Low designs out there IMHO. I think you will be thrilled with your 10 motif Yellow Gold Necklace! I hope to have one some day too. Would love to see a mod shot if you get a chance! :smile:

Texasgirliegirl, hopingoneday, BBC, Gina123, Blingaddict and Tulip2, thank you so much for taking the time to give advice!

Well, after much to and fro (someone else reserved the piece, then the sale fell through...) I bought the necklace!

I'm so glad I did, the piece is such a lovely weight and beautifully made. I have been wearing it all over the place, school run, supermarket etc etc. I can see it is going to become my "go to" necklace. I have loved the Alhambra design for years, I can hardly believe I own a piece now! :biggrin:

Texasgirliegirl, hopingoneday, BBC, Gina123, Blingaddict and Tulip2, thank you so much for taking the time to give advice!

Well, after much to and fro (someone else reserved the piece, then the sale fell through...) I bought the necklace!

I'm so glad I did, the piece is such a lovely weight and beautifully made. I have been wearing it all over the place, school run, supermarket etc etc. I can see it is going to become my "go to" necklace. I have loved the Alhambra design for years, I can hardly believe I own a piece now! :biggrin:

Oh I'm so thrilled for you! I just knew this would be a great addition to any VCA collection. Happy Holidays girl! :rockettes:

So happy for you!!
You are going to really love this piece and are soon going to want earrings...!!

So happy for you!!! You'll love having it and will get wonderful use (and great pleasure) out of it, I promise! Congrats!