10 Days in Europe...What H Stores Would You Hit/Miss?????

I am spending some time in London this summer. I am going to pop into Paris and possibly Zurich. Maybe even venture up to Scotland. Hopefully there will be an opportunity to meet up for lunch and H somewhere!

Hehehe...

4 nights in Brussels for conference
2 nights in Luxembourg (one full day)
4 nights in Paris (three full days)
3 nights in Amsterdam (two full days)

Does that sound "right"??? LOL...Hermes in four countries...plus sites...

Ahem....

May I also recommend the tiny country of Germany?

Cologne (H Boutique) is close to the Belgian border as is Aachen (no H shop I believe). The Cologne Cathedral is truly a sight to behold and the city has a wonderful, lively atmosphere: you will not regret visiting!

Ahem....

Cologne (H Boutique) is close to the Belgian border as is Aachen (no H shop I believe). The Cologne Cathedral is truly a sight to behold and the city has a wonderful, lively atmosphere: you will not regret visiting!

When we lived in London, my DH would travel to Budapest once a month for work.... wish I had known you then!!

Ahem....

Was waiting to see if anyone would recommend Germany! Hmmm...Germany or Luxembourg...or Amsterdam...

Honestly? Go to Amsterdam via Germany (Cologne). No offense LaVan, but Luxembourg is a nice city/country to visit if you live in Europe, otherwise IMHO it's worth missing.

I highly recommend Amsterdam, was just there in Sept. The canals are beautiful, especially at night. I love how dutch prefer bikes over cars for transportation, it's wonderful. If you like to see windmills, I suggest the town Zaanse Schans or if you like to see cute pretty houses I recommend the town Volendam. Neither town is too far from Amsterdam. Oh, don't forget to try some Gouda and Dutch fries in cone if you decide to go.

You could always nip over to London from Paris easyjet.com does great prices. Then you could visit the Hermes in Bond Street.

I would be tempted to hang around in Paris - have you seen Vermillion's thread 'mwahahaha...'

Or take a trip down to the SOuth of France and do an Hermes tour along the Riviera - there's branches in St Tropez, Cannes, Nice, Beaulieu (tiny) and Monte Carlo (gorgeous Hermes), again easyjet do a short hop on the plane from Paris to Nice, I paid 9 euros once for a trip.

Ahem....

I've been to Cologne and Aachen. The Cathedral of Cologne supposedly has the remains of the three wise men in a golden tomb. The Cathedral is beautiful!

I highly recommend Amsterdam, was just there in Sept. The canals are beautiful, especially at night. I love how dutch prefer bikes over cars for transportation, it's wonderful. If you like to see windmills, I suggest the town Zaanse Schans or if you like to see cute pretty houses I recommend the town Volendam. Neither town is too far from Amsterdam. Oh, don't forget to try some Gouda and Dutch fries in cone if you decide to go.

:yahoo: so glad to read this! we're going to belgium and amsterdam in august - rotten time, i know, but it couldn't be helped. what will the weather be like? last year in antwerp in may i think it was there was a heat wave, so so bad.

Honestly? Go to Amsterdam via Germany (Cologne). No offense LaVan, but Luxembourg is a nice city/country to visit if you live in Europe, otherwise IMHO it's worth missing.

It's just personal preference. I thought about Cologne too. While I love the Cathedral of Cologne and I think it is amazing, I would recommend a short visit to Luxembourg because you can visit the Royal Palace, the museum, the churches, stroll around town in an easy and relaxing way for a full day! It's just something a bit more different.