10/31/09 ARCHIVE: Authenticate This Hermes Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
do I understand you right, that these pics indicate an fake ?

or do you need more pics of zipper, zipper stop etc. to tell authenitc or not ?

i see something that indicates counterfeit in those photos - but remember authentication is a rather subjective art, and of course i could be wrong.

but i find the whole picture very off-putting: in addition to the problem in one of the photos there's the fact that this seller has zero history of selling hermes bags, and even if his intentions are good he may not have the skill to recognize a fake when he receives it ~ presumably on consignment from a good customer. and finally, low starting bids with no reserve is a CLASSIC sales model for the purveyors of fakes, as they don't need it to go very high to make a very nice (well, not so "nice") profit. so at the end of the day, i'd say this falls into the too good to be authentic category.

Hi all - Can somebody kindly authenticate this Kelly? Thanks much!

Item name: HERMES KELLY 32 Courchevel Navy Blue
Listing #: Item number - 180375139014
Seller: yuenming309
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-HERME...ptZUSQ5fCSAQ5fWHQ5fHandbagsQQsalenotsupported

I had her send me this photo as well:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Navy Hermes Imprint.JPG
    Navy Hermes Imprint.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 1,106
zuzu, her pics are not really good enough, as you can see, there is really only one that is and that is the name stamp pic. To be really safe, ask for more pics of the important things as decribed at the beginnig of the thread. I do not see where she has sold Hermes before.

zuzu, her pics are not really good enough, as you can see, there is really only one that is and that is the name stamp pic. To be really safe, ask for more pics of the important things as decribed at the beginnig of the thread. I do not see where she has sold Hermes before.

Thanks gracekelly! I appreciate your help :smile:

Bumping for some much need help please.

Hi, everyone, this is my very first post :blush:
Have been trying to find my first Birkin online, wonder if I can enlist your help in authenticating these bags. I would really appreciate it

Item: Hermes Birkin Swift Toile H 32 cm
Listing number: 320392434184
Seller: busaba8
Link: here

And this one
Item: AUTH HERMES BIRKIN BLACK W/GOLD 35CM RECEIPT BNWT
Listing number: 180376958642
Seller: blackshanna99
Link: here

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Please help me authenticate this

Item: AUTH HERMES CANVAS & BROWN LEATHER HAC BIRKIN BAG 40CM
Listing number: 150355734974
Seller: asecondchanceresale
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTH-HERMES-CANVAS-BROWN-LEATHER-HAC-BIRKIN-BAG-40CM_W0QQitemZ150355734974QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item2301e671be&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1205|293:1|294:50
Comments:
Would you consider this to be in "excellent condition"?

She does sell authentic. I dont know if it is my computer screen or what, but I am not getting a good pic. Everything is looking dark. Sorry I'm no help.

Please help me authenticate this

Item: AUTH HERMES CANVAS & BROWN LEATHER HAC BIRKIN BAG 40CM
Listing number: 150355734974
Seller: asecondchanceresale
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTH-HERMES-CANVAS-BROWN-LEATHER-HAC-BIRKIN-BAG-40CM_W0QQitemZ150355734974QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item2301e671be&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1205|293:1|294:50
Comments:
Would you consider this to be in "excellent condition"?

Just got a better look. Looks very nice and the leather is barenia.

i see something that indicates counterfeit in those photos - but remember authentication is a rather subjective art, and of course i could be wrong.

but i find the whole picture very off-putting: in addition to the problem in one of the photos there's the fact that this seller has zero history of selling hermes bags, and even if his intentions are good he may not have the skill to recognize a fake when he receives it ~ presumably on consignment from a good customer. and finally, low starting bids with no reserve is a CLASSIC sales model for the purveyors of fakes, as they don't need it to go very high to make a very nice (well, not so "nice") profit. so at the end of the day, i'd say this falls into the too good to be authentic category.

thank you , I can see your point ;)
well, the seller has no reputation in selling hermes bags, but otherwise has a good reputation, she says in the auction that she bought the bag directly at hermès in Munich and she guarantees the authenticity.
I think that she has not the eye for putting the classy no-fake photo in, because she knows about the bag and that she personally bought it

so could you please tell me, WHAT you see , that indicates a fake ? Auction is over , but I always like to learn

thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.