1 Metallics, 2 Metallics...?

ISTYLE

O.G.
Sep 2, 2008
Question; when you have several bags at some point you're going to repeat a color or two, or three. I have the gold metallic petyon 65th anniversary archive limited edition. I don't carry it a lot in fear of getting it dirty or color transfer with dark or new clothing. No doubt it is one the prettiest bags (IMO).

Now I have my eye on the Cheleas Flagship in the same color. If it was any other color I probably wouldn't second guess it. I am wondering if having 2 metallics is necessary. They also have other common factors, they're both large bags , have double straps, and both have 2 front pockets.

I'm telling myself that if I have 2 than I won't be so nervous to carry them because I have a back up in the same color, but I'm sure we've all made up something to try to sell ourselves on one thing or another.

Give me your opinion, thanks ladies.

Peyton

Chelsea
bagsidea.com/images/500070.jpg

emilybug

purse fickle
O.G.
Feb 21, 2010
Tulsa
That Peyton is beautiful.
I have multiples of the same color bags and think nothing of it. I like having lots of options :smile:

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
They are similar but not that much. You love the color so I think you should go for it. I know how you feel - when you get something you really love, you are afraid to use it. BTW I have 3 purple bags!

BonBonz

Dec 12, 2010
Vegas, baby!
The Peyton is gorgeous!!!

I have a Chelsea flagship dowel flap in gold and just love it! The leather looks like it's been whitewashed, and I also like that the hardware is a mix of silver and gold. I am more careful with it than other bags. I certainly sprayed the heck out of it to try to prevent color transfer.

If you can afford it, and are going to use them both, then I see no problem with having two metallic bags. I think they're really only similar in color.

I'm having a similar dilemma because I've bought several blue bags recently. I'm trying to decide if I should narrow them down and may even take a group pic and put up a tpf poll to get other opinions. That's what is so great about tpf!

Good luck!

Attachments

ISTYLE

O.G.
Sep 2, 2008
I also own multiples of the same bag, I just am second guessing if they are too similar and if a second metallic is a good idea considering the delicate nature of the color?

ISTYLE

O.G.
Sep 2, 2008
Thanks BonBonz for posting the pick, I was having trouble. I also like the dowel flap version as well, but the curry really stole my heart in that style.

katierose

Loves Charms & Bags
O.G.
Feb 17, 2009
California
I have and love the Peyton, and have never had a problem with the metallic leather. I think it's a stronger finish than some other metallics.

I also have other metallic bags, and the only ones I'm anticipating problems with are the dusted suede, sparkle leather types. But I'm hooked on their beautiful leather and will just have to baby them and learn to live with it.

So to answer your question, I really don't think the bags are that similar in looks, so I'd go for it.

SophieChic

Oct 6, 2011
Sierra Nevada Mountains CA
OMG I love that Peyton. I too get bags in similar colors sometimes, but if they're different styles thats how I justify it. I have about 4 white bags (not coach) but it wasn't until I got my white leather large Sophia that I knew I'd found the one. She even has a soft shimmer to her in certian light......I love her and didn't give a crap if she was the 5th white bag or not, I'm so glad I bought her. Go for it!

graebelle

Aug 2, 2011
New England
I have many bags that are the same color- heck i have bags that are the same color just different styles ... for me i tend to fall towards colors that are warm and neutral therefore, it leads to my collection being many different "shades" of the same color, but that is what i like, if you like it then i would say go for it

Rainbow 06

LYNN
O.G.
Sep 26, 2006
Florida
I love that Chelsea Flagship bag. I almost had her in the bag today, but unfortunately she was too heavy for me after holding her. I lovee her, I wish I could have her. Two? Absolutely. Go for it!!! Those bags are gorgeous in any style!!!

MedtechCarol

Mental Rubik's Cube
Aug 1, 2011
OMG I love that Peyton. I too get bags in similar colors sometimes, but if they're different styles thats how I justify it. I have about 4 white bags (not coach) but it wasn't until I got my white leather large Sophia that I knew I'd found the one. She even has a soft shimmer to her in certian light......I love her and didn't give a crap if she was the 5th white bag or not, I'm so glad I bought her. Go for it!
Love this!

When I wanted a red bag a while back I knew it had to be special. I finally broke down and hunted myself a red patent Peyton. But later I bought a crimson Audrey b/c it's not the same color red and yea my brain totally justifies that! :graucho:

Get what you like, if it's 3 metallic bags then so be it! Lots of people hate black bags...but I have 4 because I really like black bags....I figure once we're past one bag it's beyond need and into want so you might as well get what you like.:biggrin: