1 carat L colored diamond

Newchanel

Jan 10, 2015
Hi all

I have a 1 carat L colored Vs2 diamond - strong blue fluorescence - great cut, polish.

I don't know what to do with it though.

I don't wear much gold jewellery but would pairing it with gold be better?

Should I set it with small diamonds around to let it shine?

Should I set it into a ring or into a pendent?

Any suggestions/ recommendations?

I do have some diamonds but usually of a better color and clarity. Usually I just do very simple settings. But this time I'm unsure.

VS2 is fine for clarity, but I imagine that the L stone is quite warm in color. Have you taken it to a jeweler to visualize it in yellow gold, platinum, and rose gold settings? Although I usually suggest pendants or earrings for warmer stones, this may work in a ring. What is the shape?

Here's a photo of something that I would normally avoid (white gold or platinum with higher quality melee) but it looks quite nice!

There are also some photos of warm/yellow stones in yellow gold within a platinum outer setting (one is fancy yellow but just an example).

Attachments

• r4384-cushion-diamond-halo-ring-c_zps4a7e2819.jpg
    r4384-cushion-diamond-halo-ring-c_zps4a7e2819.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,007
  • fancy-yellow-cushion-cut-engagement-ring-eye--L-pnNJBY.jpg
    fancy-yellow-cushion-cut-engagement-ring-eye--L-pnNJBY.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 676
  • r4429-bezel-diamond-ring.jpg
    r4429-bezel-diamond-ring.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 543
It's round brilliant and actually I see it comparatively warmer when beside my D color diamond but on its own I can't tell.

I get why you say pendant though. I think that's what I may end up doing.

Thank you

Do you like the warmth? You could set it into a warmer gold, more antique style setting to showcase it. That would work for a ring or a pendant. Single Stone and Erika Winters are both really good options to look at.

Perfect size for a solitaire pendant, which can be worn in most occasions.
Color is too warm for a ring.
Would not use for earrings, because you will need to find a match for the pair. Do not want to sink more money for another low color Diamond.

As for setting, go for something simple. Let your great cut Diamond shine on its own.

Thanks all for your precious views and more ideas for design very much welcome.

I'd look into a pendant definitely. This is from my MIL - isn't something I would usually get but she's so sweet to get this but I definitely won't get another one for earrings :smile: