1 carat diamond ring or Hermes bag?

Chel

Mar 6, 2008
I have always wanted a 1 carat diamond ring and a Hermes bag. However, both are expensive items. A Tiffany 1 ct diamond ring starts from $8500 onwards and is of similar starting price as Hermes. If I can only choose one, which one should I go for?

Lola24

O.G.
Jul 11, 2006
That's a tough one, here's my two cents.... If you are already married and have a ring I'm not a huge fan of replacing rings therefore I would opt for the Hermes, on the other hand if you're not married why buy the diamond yourself so I guess that equals still buy the Hermes, LOL. That said, you could get a beautiful non-tiffany 1ct diamond for much less than tiffany prices so maybe you could eventually get both! that probably didn't help you at all though.

Stinas

O.G.
Mar 7, 2007
New Jersey
Go for the Hermes. You can get a 1 carat diamond ring at a wholesaler much less than the price of Tiffany.
... If you are already married and have a ring I'm not a huge fan of replacing rings therefore I would opt for the Hermes, on the other hand if you're not married why buy the diamond yourself so I guess that equals still buy the Hermes, LOL. That said, you could get a beautiful non-tiffany 1ct diamond for much less than tiffany prices so maybe you could eventually get both! that probably didn't help you at all though.
I agree with both on this.
If your already married...get the Hermes...if your not...Get the Hermes....you never know who you may find...he might get you something bigger & better.
On the Tiffany thing...you can get a 1ct at more than half that somewhere else, so if you want to spend 8K for a diamond...go to a wholesaler and get yourself a bigger diamond.