1 bag that transitions from day to night

loveforbeauty

Apr 14, 2015
Hello beauties,

So I recently posted a thread in the Chanel category about the Chanel mini vs the medium and although we had some medium lovers out there, the mini won by a land slide. So I’ve decided to keep my mini for now. My next question that is about the Hermes Kelly 25 Sellier. My desire is to have 1 bag that transitions easily from day to night, meaning- ideally a bag that would be comfortable to wear during the day but just as comfortable but elegant to wear at night. So the question of the day is: would a Kelly 25 in black Sellier with GHW transition easily from day to night? And for you Chanel owners, if you had to pick one (Chanel mini- black GHW or Kelly 25 Sellier Black GHW) which one would you choose and why? Thanks in advance lovelies.

Reactions: weibandy
I don’t have a K25 but I’ve seen others on here say that they don’t think it is an evening bag.

Personally, I think it would be fine to take for a nicer dinner if you took the strap off. You even could tuck it in the bag if you had space. Maybe it wouldn’t work for a super formal event where a clutch is typically appropriate.

I don’t have a K25 but I’ve seen others on here say that they don’t think it is an evening bag.

Personally, I think it would be fine to take for a nicer dinner if you took the strap off. You even could tuck it in the bag if you had space. Maybe it wouldn’t work for a super formal event where a clutch is typically appropriate.

This.
I think a Kelly 25 (esp. seller black with ghw) is about as good as it gets for transitioning from day to night.
No bag works universally for all events, but some are more flexible than others. A Kelly won't work for the extremes of either end--a backpack or fanny pack is probably better suited to a theme park and a clutch is called for at a super formal event--but I think it works for the majority of events day and night: a day of shopping, a brunch, a nice dinner out, many parties.

There's night and NIGHT (or night and EVENING?). When you get to black tie and beyond only a clutch is really appropriate, although I would be ok bringing a mini K sans strap to, say, a gala seated dinner. But if you mean "can I run around the city using the day with this bag and take it to a very nice restaurant at night", I'd say a K25 sellier is great in both situations.

Hi! Thanks so much for responding and sharing your feedback. I agree that it probably wouldn’t be suitable for a super formal event because of the size. Like you, I think it would be fine for any other evening activities when worn with just the top handle. As a plus, Sellier is much more formal looking IMO so I think it would be fine for most evening events especially in Epsom and GHW :smile: Thanks again!

This.
I think a Kelly 25 (esp. seller black with ghw) is about as good as it gets for transitioning from day to night.
No bag works universally for all events, but some are more flexible than others. A Kelly won't work for the extremes of either end--a backpack or fanny pack is probably better suited to a theme park and a clutch is called for at a super formal event--but I think it works for the majority of events day and night: a day of shopping, a brunch, a nice dinner out, many parties.
I completely agree! This is why I’m really thinking about it. It really is the best of both worlds and really suits my lifestyle. I do attend evening events/ formal dinners/ evening networking events and parties and i think it would work for all those and more because of it being Sellier and GHW. I agree that a couple of belt bags/ backpack for running errands and taking the kids to the park is definitely more appropriate. I’m trying to strategically downsize but at the same time cover all my bases. Thanks so much for your feedback! :smile:

There's night and NIGHT (or night and EVENING?). When you get to black tie and beyond only a clutch is really appropriate, although I would be ok bringing a mini K sans strap to, say, a gala seated dinner. But if you mean "can I run around the city using the day with this bag and take it to a very nice restaurant at night", I'd say a K25 sellier is great in both situations.
Awesome, my sentiments exactly! Thanks so much for your feedback! :smile:

Reactions: QuelleFromage
Hello beauties,

So I recently posted a thread in the Chanel category about the Chanel mini vs the medium and although we had some medium lovers out there, the mini won by a land slide. So I’ve decided to keep my mini for now. My next question that is about the Hermes Kelly 25 Sellier. My desire is to have 1 bag that transitions easily from day to night, meaning- ideally a bag that would be comfortable to wear during the day but just as comfortable but elegant to wear at night. So the question of the day is: would a Kelly 25 in black Sellier with GHW transition easily from day to night? And for you Chanel owners, if you had to pick one (Chanel mini- black GHW or Kelly 25 Sellier Black GHW) which one would you choose and why? Thanks in advance lovelies.

The best bag I've ever had was...my Winter coat. It was amazing, had 6 pockets :smile: It transitioned beautifully between day and night. In fact, I've never sparred it a thought until it went kaputt :sad: Sad day. I even wrote to the company if they could make me a new one but they've refused. It was the most perfect coat you could ever imagine. Evening wear can be very surprising :smile:

Same goes for handbags. Wear whatever you like! I don't know how tall you are but generally speaking Kelly 25 is super useful and a very good size. Depends on what you need to have during the day and in the evening. But ultimately it is up to you. And if you feel like carrying K40 to a party, it is also entirely up to you :smile: Both would look stunning on a confident woman.

I completely agree! This is why I’m really thinking about it. It really is the best of both worlds and really suits my lifestyle. I do attend evening events/ formal dinners/ evening networking events and parties and i think it would work for all those and more because of it being Sellier and GHW. I agree that a couple of belt bags/ backpack for running errands and taking the kids to the park is definitely more appropriate. I’m trying to strategically downsize but at the same time cover all my bases. Thanks so much for your feedback! :smile:
I would definitely say the k25 sellier is ideal for the situations that you mention.
Its terribly chic and odd though this may sound, I find clutches quite hard work at parties and networking events.
Whenever I've had to attend business related dinners or cocktail events I prefer a handbag or WOC.
I actually find clutches a bit more cumbersome, having to hold one under my arm or in my hand, worrying about putting it down on the table at dinner and so forth.
I think a beautiful cocktail dress and small handbag is achingly chic in a very Audrey Hepburn kind of a way.

I agree K25 would be a good choice as others have commented!

But I noticed the other parts of your question...I do think that the classic Chanel bags in black also perfectly fit the day to night category that you are describing, and while I’m someone who will choose the Kelly over the Chanel everyday, I know that there are people who aren’t Kelly fans, maybe because the specific style does not fit their taste, maybe they find the closure too annoying to use / not practical...Plenty threads that mention this topic...so while some of us find the Kelly the best bag there is, for some it doesn’t work out. Before you commit to the Kelly (and presumably sell your Chanel since you mentioned “only” one bag), I would suggest that you find some way to see or try the Kelly to make sure it works for you, if possible. If it does, I think you will not regret going for the Kelly at all!

I agree K25 would be a good choice as others have commented!

But I noticed the other parts of your question...I do think that the classic Chanel bags in black also perfectly fit the day to night category that you are describing, and while I’m someone who will choose the Kelly over the Chanel everyday, I know that there are people who aren’t Kelly fans, maybe because the specific style does not fit their taste, maybe they find the closure too annoying to use / not practical...Plenty threads that mention this topic...so while some of us find the Kelly the best bag there is, for some it doesn’t work out. Before you commit to the Kelly (and presumably sell your Chanel since you mentioned “only” one bag), I would suggest that you find some way to see or try the Kelly to make sure it works for you, if possible. If it does, I think you will not regret going for the Kelly at all!
I love this! And yes, once I get the Kelly I’m after, I planned on selling my Chanel mini, since I believe I will be able to wear the Kelly crossbody on weekend days (the way I do my mini) and top handled on evenings out, which is what I really like. Now that you mention the difficulty getting in and out of the bag, do you think Epsom would make it even harder to get in and out of the bag? Do you know if it softens after a while with use? Personally I’m kind of tired of Chanel and I think I’m ready to “graduate” to Hermes. It’s been a long time coming. I started LV in the year 2000, switched to Chanel in 2015 and now I’m ready to delve into the world of Hermes bags so I think I will fall in love once I get it. :smile: thanks so much for your feedback- I appreciate you!

I would definitely say the k25 sellier is ideal for the situations that you mention.
Its terribly chic and odd though this may sound, I find clutches quite hard work at parties and networking events.
Whenever I've had to attend business related dinners or cocktail events I prefer a handbag or WOC.
I actually find clutches a bit more cumbersome, having to hold one under my arm or in my hand, worrying about putting it down on the table at dinner and so forth.
I think a beautiful cocktail dress and small handbag is achingly chic in a very Audrey Hepburn kind of a way.
I do too! Clutches can be gorgeous but it can be a pain when walking around at an event with it under your arm, a drink in your hand and meeting new people especially when hand shaking (although there probably won’t be too much more of that :sad: ) but your right a small handbag for events is really chic. Thanks so much for your response. You’ve really helped me out!

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
The best bag I've ever had was...my Winter coat. It was amazing, had 6 pockets :smile: It transitioned beautifully between day and night. In fact, I've never sparred it a thought until it went kaputt :sad: Sad day. I even wrote to the company if they could make me a new one but they've refused. It was the most perfect coat you could ever imagine. Evening wear can be very surprising :smile:

Same goes for handbags. Wear whatever you like! I don't know how tall you are but generally speaking Kelly 25 is super useful and a very good size. Depends on what you need to have during the day and in the evening. But ultimately it is up to you. And if you feel like carrying K40 to a party, it is also entirely up to you :smile: Both would look stunning on a confident woman.

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. I’m 5’6” and really looking for a bag that will replace my Chanel mini and although I agree that a confident woman can get away with wearing anything, my goal is really to have a one bag that would transition easily from day to night and I think the consensus here is that the Kelly 25 Sellier would definitely do just that. So it would be a win-win for me. Thanks again for participating in this discussion! :smile:

Reactions: Hermes Zen