$1.3K+ dress: I love Herve Leger dresses, but how do average people afford them?

^^Yeah, I do. I feel like the quality isn't much better than Forever 21, but it's like 5x the price. I was thinking about the bebe dresses, but I hear (and it seems like) the fabric isn't nearly as strong and figure-flattering as HL. I myself am saving for an HL.

Yeah, I've tried on both and the bebe dress didn't suck in my belly like the Leger dress did, in fact it emphasized it :rolleyes:

*You never know, Jahpson, but usually you can just look & tell the quality of a cheapo compared to the real thing

Oh you answered my question. Bebe.

Does anyone think Bebe has been really tacky for a long time?

I think im the only girl in the world that would not put my foot in a Bebe store and by something. ok, once when I got one of those awful sweatshirt when I was in college. now, I go in that store and never find anything that looks cute.

I think im the only girl in the world that would not put my foot in a Bebe store and by something. ok, once when I got one of those awful sweatshirt when I was in college. now, I go in that store and never find anything that looks cute.

LOL! Are you talking about the ones with "BEBE" in rhinestones? :P

Sometimes there's some good stuff in there, you just have to weed them out from the racks of stripper clothing.

I'm an average person (LOL!) and my goal is to find one on sale. They are so awesome, but I cannot spend 1,300 on a dress! That's just insane! I'm also 19 though, so I have college and other priorities, so maybe I'll get one at full price if I absolutely have to later on in life.

I think I'm allergic to full retail prices of items that depreciate (although if Louis Vuitton has ANOTHER price increase I think I'll die), so I doubt I would ever pay the full price for this dress. Plus I doubt I'd get enough wear out of it to really get my $ worth

You all need to come to Los Angeles. Here, going to the post office is a CL occasion. I love going to the South Coast mall because thats where the runway gets real. I actually see people WEARING the clothes in the mags. Come visit, bring your clothes...

^^Yup, you can look like a skank for much cheaper elsewhere.

:roflmfao:
The best (?) thing I've seen happen to BeBe clothes are those jeans with the rhinestone butts... the kind that say BEBE right across the butt like a rainbow. It's hilarious when the rhinestones fall off and it says bFBE.

I don't think I could spend that much on a dress. They're pretty but it's just too much for me.

I do have a vintage Versace dress from the RTW line, though. I nabbed it for $20 at a thrift store!

LOL, Bags&shoes! Oh I've been & was shocked how girls dance on their VIP tables in their missoni dresses and CL pumps! I cringed and hoped they wouldn't pop a thread in the beautiful dresses or scuff the gorgeous shoes :sweatdrop: